: C :

I blinked at Eve, we had been staring at each other earlier as if we were having an unspoken contest and I was the one to back down. It was the flick of an eye lid closing, but still it was enough for even her to stop looking for a mere second, like we both gave up the person in front of our eyes wasn’t going to change like we hoped.

I furrowed my brow at her slightly paler cheek compared to the other one and pursed my lips as I leant further on the desk, before sighing as she did the same.

“We haven’t – you know talked in awhile – a long – long while” She murmured laying her hands flat on the table and trying to prevent them from shivers convulsing into her palms.

“I know, I can tell since you can’t talk to me anymore”

“I can – it’s just hard”

I laughed, putting my head in my hands.

“You think I’m pathetic – great” She said sighing, and sliding out her chair until I put my hand over hers.

“No – I am” I looked her dead in the eye, gray orbs swimming with emotions that changed with the fleeting seconds.

“I don’t want to be pathetic anymore – I don’t want to be talked about – I don’t want to be”

I stopped watching the boy with the ocean eyes stare at us, he had a pissed off expression which I desperately wanted to smile at but her words made my lips twitch downwards.

“What?”

She looked shocked at her own words, a simple O shape working it’s way onto her lips as she shook her head back and forth. She shook with rivers of tears and I sat doing nothing.

“ I –“ She hiccupped before Seth crouched beside her chair touching her shoulder; scooping up the mop of hair she pulled into a ponytail in the process. She’d been wearing it up often lately and long gone were the days where she would tuck it behind her ears.

She flinched at his hand, which he quickly removed to grip my motionless forearm. I observed the finger markings laced around Eve’s wrist, staring at the ones, which looked fresh and old.

“Why do you still try? Is throwing away your own pathetic life not enough, or do you have to kill someone else other than yourself to feel human?” He stared at me with certain intensity that his relative couldn’t have mastered if he tried.

“It depends, since its seems you don’t know what human is either” I gestured to Eve’s bruised arm and he turned forward smirking.

“I guess it takes a monster too know one doesn’t it?”

“Or just someone who has a monster inside them”

“Isn’t it the same thing?” He asked, tightening his grip.

Fists tightened and soon enough they flew in the cafeteria were nothing except lights blowing occurred.