Its Complicated~Chapter 2

I started to unpack my travel bag which basically consisted of the makeup I wear, my hair stuff, my headphones, chargers and a couple of my books. I finished putting everything away and decided to change. It was hotter in North Carolina than it was in Washington.

Incase you were wondering. That's how I found my love for reading and school and stuff. I know it's dumb. But I always wanted to become president. Or at least Vice President. I wanted to show the world women could do exactly what men could. Anyways, I threw on a pair of white shorts and a black bandeau with a cream knitted cardigan so I would be warm, but it would be appropriate for the warm weather.

I grabbed my iphone and headed downstairs into the kitchen, where my mom was cooking.

"Hey mom!" I said walking next to her. She smiled and gave me a side hug and a kiss on the head.

"I hope you enjoy it here." I nodded my head. Thinking it might not be that bad. I mean ya I'm a book worm. But I'm perfectly able to make friends. I'm just a little shy at first is all.

"Oh by the way, the neighbors invited us over for dinner. So get ready." She smiled. I nodded. I looked over the counter to see what she was cooking, I mean we were going 'out' for dinner after all. Turns out she was just making some of her famous cookies. Chocolate with marshmallows and almonds. Yum.

I walked back upstairs and changed. Once again. I decided to go casual/formal by wearing my blue and white chevron dress from Brandy Melville. I didn't really feel like showering since it was such short notice, so I sprayed some dry shampoo in my hair and then straightened it. I placed a black headband in my hair and touched up my makeup. I re did my mascara, added some concealer under my eyes, added a light blush, and some lipgloss. Might as well look a little presentable.

I slipped on my knock of 'keds' from target and hopped down the stairs. I grabbed my phone from the counter where it was before and sat on the couch. My mom and dad joined me as we waited for Katie. We waited 30 minutes till she came down. And let me say, she looked gorgeous. Just a little but fake. Like those sluts at school do. But a lot better. She obviously looked like a nice person.

We walked next door, where there were 5 boys playing basketball. Katie screamed and jumped up and down. I rolled my eyes to see Nash and Hayes playing ball. With 3 other guys I've never seen before. I have to admit. Nash and Hayes looked real good in their khakis and polos. I loved when boys dressed like that. It made them look really fresh. I spotted Skylynn on the porch waving to us. I walked over as the boys were talking to Katie. What a flirt she is.

I sat on the porch next to Skylynn and introduced myself.

"Hi! I'm Lexi. I'm your new neighbor!" I politely added. her smile grew from ear to ear.

"Yayy! a girl finally moved in. I hate living with boys. And they always have like 5 friends over ugh. By the way. I'm Skylynn." She opened up her arms looking for a hug. I hugged her and she stood up and grabbed my hand. My parents moved inside by then and Skylynn pulled me over to the boys.

"ATTENTION EVERYBODY MEET LEXI!" I laughed and waved. Everybody stopped talking to katie and looked at me. I started to get a bit insecure as they wouldn't stop looking. Skylynn put her free hand on her hip and rolled her eyes.

"Introduce your self boys. And close your mouths. That's how you eat flys!!" I laughed at her as the boys walked closer leaving Katie alone. She looked annoyed and went inside.

The boys went down the line introducing themselves.

Hayes, Nash, Matt, Cameron, and Shawn. They were all actually super nice. I never said I didn't like the Griers. I just said I didn't think they were funny. But let me tell you, Cameron and Matt are histarical!

Turns out their all viners. And they like me because I'm the first girl they've met who didn't fangirl over them. I smiled at myself, thank god I never obsessed over these boys.

Mrs.Grier came outside and announced it was time for dinner. We all walked inside and Skylynn had saved me a seat. So I sat next to her, and then all the boys rushed to sit next to me. Weird. Nash ended up winning. Since I'm his neighbor. Okay Nash.

For dinner, it was the basic pasta. Thank god. I'm a picky eater, so one of the only things I eat is pasta with butter, maybe my mom told her. I sure hope not. So I don't come off weird. For small talk, we mostly talked about us moving in, and the boys going off the magcon.

Shawn, Cam, and Matt soon left and my parents went back to our house, but me and K, I call Katie K and she calls me L, were Invited to stay and we did.

------------------------------------------------

Nash's POV -

Oh my god this girl was gorgeous. And she's only a year younger. Plus the fact that she had no idea I was a viner made it so much easier to hang out with her. I mean, her sister was hot, but she's a bit clingy, she obsess over me and she looks like a slut. I'm sorry but she does. Hayes like Lexi too though. She's like half a year older. So she might stick with him. Since they'd be in the same class. I think. But I think I have a super good chance with this one. Katie decided to go home, but Lexi decided to stay. Well Skylynn convinced her. Sky loves having other girls around the house. Even if their not hanging with her, she loves it since me and Hayes won't fight for bother her.

"So are you boys excited to magcon next week?" Lexi asked us. Hayes nodded and i spoke

"Ya, but i mean, you just moved here, and now were leaving you" I faked wiped a fake tear from my eye.

She held her hand to her heart and took a deep breath. "Oh no what shall I ever do without you two." Hayes smirked at me. Since she referred to both of us, not just me.

A few moments later, my mom walked in with her phone held to her chest.

"Boys, what am I going to do? Next week I have a mini business trip into the city. What am I going to do about Sky since you'll be away?" I sighed. Mom really needed this business trip

"We can take her with us it's okay." Hayes said. I nodded in agreement.

"No, don't worry about it," Lexi interrupted us. "Me and my family can watch her. I mean, she can come over our house and spend the week there or I can just stay here and watch her for the week."

"Oh no, I couldn't let you do that" mom said shaking your head.

"Hey, I really don't mind. She's already like a little sister to me." Lexi insisted.

"Mom it's true, she's the only person sky's not sassy to all the time" hayes laughed. I nodded in agreement and mom gave in.

"I guess you can. But I will pay you I don't care what you say." She added pointing a finger at Lexi smiling.

Lexi shook her head jokingly.

"Well, I should get going. I'm gonna go say bye to Skylynn and tell her the plan. See you boys tomorrow!" she said. She stood up and hugged both of us. Boy is she a good hugger.

She walked upstairs to see sky. About 2 minutes later you heard sky running down the hall screaming 'YES'. She must have been excited.

Lexis POV-

"Woah I'm sorry if I knew shed get this hyped up I would've waited"i laughed running down the stairs to go get Skylynn. The boys laughed at me as Skylynn was telling her mom the plan, even though she already knew.

"Sky, want me to put you to bed?" I asked. She nodded her head and ran back up the stairs. How could one little person have this much energy.

I walked into her room and she was under her covers with a story book in her hands.

"Usually whoever puts me to bed reads one fairy tale from the book. Were on The Little Mermaid. Can you read it to me?" I nodded my head as she handed the book over to me. I tucked her in and sat on the side of her bed and read. When I was sure she was asleep, I kissed her forehead and walked back home.

------------------------------------------------

New chapter! Yay so I hope this story is sorta of intriguing right now. I may have rushed a little bit a dinner and skipped pasts conversation, but sometimes too much convo gets annoying right? ya well. I love you all! See you next week!

-Em Xx