Pure Heart- chapter 1

Edited by: D.G

This book has become published as an e-book. In a month or so the book on wattpad wil be cut short...so yeah guys...if you could help me,it is greatly appreciated, here's the link! it's an e-book as of now though. 

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Heart-Liela-Hafez-ebook/dp/B00H0FIZAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386210786&sr=8-1&keywords=Liela+Hafez

******Thx to Jazmin! she did amazin finish touches!******

Chapter 1-

"Five more laps, then you can all go home," said Coach quite cheerfully. We all sighed, five laps was so much, especially when we were tired. A few of the others glanced over at Coach but we all kept running without a hitch in the pace. My legs were sore and I was quickly running out of breath.

As the final lap approached a few of the others speed up in anticipation but I slowed down. I came to a gradual stop, wheezing just the slightest, instead of staggering to a halt like some of the others. As everyone finished up their laps, some drank water, sat down, or stretched. I bent over, with my hands on my knees trying to take in deep breaths, and getting my body back to a relaxed state.

After finally catching my breath I started to stretch, reaching my hands down to touch my toes and then reaching up high toward the sky.

I was still stretching when my best friend Marcie walked up to me and gave me a good pat on the back.

"You excited? Coach says our final track meet is coming soon." She looked worn out, her face glistening with sweat, but there was a big smile on her face.

"Yeah, sure, I mean I am excited but kind of nervous...scared, I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling 'bout it," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. I don't know why I felt that way, but I just get these bad feelings about things at times. Like when a mother has a bad feeling something hurendous will happen to her kids or something.

"Casey, you're going to be fine. You're the best runner of us all, not to mention all those trophies you've got at home!" She assured me.

I gave Marcie a shy smile. I really didn't have that many I thought to myself, only five...

__________________________________________________________________________

After saying my goodbye's I started walking home. It was late and there weren't many people out. I want to say the quiet didn't bother me but really it set me on edge. I ended up jogging just the slightest, even after all the running I'd done in practice. It was still kind of light out though when I finally got home. Patting my nice and strong legs I climbed up the stairs.

As soon as I walked through the door I was bombarded with the most tasty smell. Mom's cooking. It filled the whole house, making my stomach grumble.

"Hey, Ma," I called as I passed the kitchen. She was in there like I knew she would be, turning back from the stove to face me. There was just the teensiest bit of a smile forming on her lips.

"How was practice?" She asked, but I just nodded. I was exhausted from all the running we'd done, and not to mension my jogging back home; and my heart was still pounding madly from the exertion.

I made my way up to my room, glad that mom hadn't tried to get me to talk and I changed out of my sweaty shirt and pants. It felt like peeling off a second layer of skin and as I pulled off my pants, kicking them aside, I noticed how large my legs looked in the mirror. I'd never noticed just how much muscle I'd packed on since joining the track team at the start of high school.

I'm sixteen and I look like a guy. Great. My arms were well-built from swimming on a daily basis and my legs were well-muscled from my two years on the track team. I didn't have a six pack yet but I had broad shoulders. I've been picked on more than once because of how wide they are. Almost as wide as some of the guys' at school.