Chapter 8 The road leading home

Waking up to the alarm at six am, I yawned and let Dwight sleep as I let Max out of our room then went into shower when the excitement of me finally getting out of this town again hit me and I smiled leaning against the shower wall. After I walked out and dressed I woke up Dwight kissing him softly on the lips as he deepened the kiss then said " Morning beautiful, ready to go home?" I nodded as he chuckled then hugged me as he got up and went to take his shower. I packed my clothes and bathroom things in my duffel bag put on my boots and Stetson as I set everything on the chair. Dwight finished up his shower, after he changed he also packed his stuff and  we headed downstairs as Dwight  packed up his laptop and I packed mine saying morning to Jacob as he came down setting his bag by ours. Slowly Alec and Brad came down while Jacob and Dwight went outside to load up Lightning in the trailer. Jeb had breakfast on the counter by the time Dwight and Jacob came back in so we all ate then I cleaned up the kitchen as the guys loaded all our bags. I reminded Jacob to grab two of the dogs dishes, a collar and leash then after I did a walk through the house making sure it was back the way it was when we came, Jacob, Brad and Jeb loaded up in his truck. Alec and Max got in the back of the car as Dwight held to door for me and I told the other three dogs bye, hugging them and for them to now guard.

Jacob and I followed Dwight to the car rental company so he could drop of the truck, then I got out as he held the passenger door of the car and he then got in the driver's side of the car. Now I gave him directions on the best way to go as we backtracked the same way Brad and  I took  two and a half weeks ago. Alec and Dwight commented on the beautiful scenery in the canyon between Mc Call and  Boise, then we hit the interstate heading east to Pocatello. We stopped at Black Canyon rest area to let Max do he thing and burn off some energy as we ate a picnic lunch Jeb packed for the trip, Dwight and I chuckled as Jacob told us how Brad was antsy to get back to Pocatello to look up one of the girls he met there. Brad and I both grabbed some of the snack foods from the vending machines, more soft drinks and waters then some ice refilling the cooler in the car trunk now, since Alec and Max took the whole back seat. Alec didn't seem to mind as Max was a good dog, very loving so about an hour after we left the rest area they both were asleep in the back as Dwight chuckled hearing both snore. Dwight and I talked about the ranch then he asked me if I had picked a date yet for our wedding and I smiled saying " I thought maybe at Thanksgiving handsome, we have so much to be thankful for and I like the holiday."  He  nodded as he gently kissed the back of my hand saying ' That's perfect love, as I am thankful to be with you, have your love and also like the holiday added plus a winter wedding, now where."

I chuckled answering " Of course at the ranch sexy, we could have the guests brought up by sleighs because I know there should be snow by then, have the dining room all done up for the place we say vows, it's up to you to take care of the minister and license stuff, I think Carrie and the females on staff will jump at doing the decorating, now just need to go to the bridal shop in town when we get home for tuxes, my dress and the invitations." He smiled saying " Nice to know you have put some thought in this Kandi it makes me feel happy just thinking about you as my wife, with my forever in my life, love you baby." I blushed and kissed his hand softly saying " Love you too sexy, now what color should the tuxes be?" We talked more but never came up with the colors as we both chuckled knowing we still had some time so we agreed to discuss the wedding plans later as we now pulled into the Red Lion in Pocatello.

Max woke as soon as the car stopped then licked Alec waking him up as he growled saying " Eww dog breath Max." making Jacob laugh as he walked up to us with Jeb and Brad. Jacob found a good spot so I asked Dwight if he minded checking us all in so I could let Lightning out for some stretching and he smiled kissing me saying ' My pleasure love, and I need to let them know about Max in the room, also that Lightning will be out here all night." Jacob and I nodded then headed to let Lightning out and as we approached he nickered  and I said " Yes big guy, time for you to stretch and get some short lived freedom,  and tomorrow you will love the ranch, plenty of new friends." Jacob unlatched the door as Lightning backed himself out, making the small crowd in the parking lot stop  to watch us as Lightning shook his head then nudged me and i chuckled giving him a sugar cube. An older guy smiled as he walked by towards the lobby saying ' Nice Mustang miss, good form, and tall for the breed." I smiled thanking him as Lightning  tossed his head up and down then I took his lead and we walked off around the side so he could do his thing out of sight and where no one seemed to ever go. Jacob refilled his grain and got fresh water in the bucket putting them both back in the trailer as I mounted on Lightning and we took a short ride in the fields behind the hotel.