Chapter 7 A two week unplanned vacation

Leo pulled around to the back then he gently led me by the arm into the back doors of the jail section of the courthouse. We walked down the hall and he stopped us at booking while the officer said " Let's begin with mug shots then I will do the finger printing, you're dismissed deputy." Leo shook his head no  saying " Nope sorry, was told to handle this one personally  so I'll stick around until your done with her." He nodded as he took my mug shots yawning as Leo smirked then walked me to a table as he asked for my right hand and inked my finger tips.  After the right was done he did that same to my left hand, handed  me a moist cloth saying it would remove the ink and finally glanced at me really hard. He said " Kandi Young, well didin't recognize you since you have changed over the years." He turned to Leo as he said" What am I booking her on Deputy?" Leo sighed " Attempted murder sir, she just shot Barry Isaac, twice in the chest." He quickly turned to me saying " No way, she is too honest, this a joke?" I shook my head no as he hugged me whispering " You  had to have a good reason then, I know you Kandi, gentle and law abiding." I shrugged not speaking when Leo stated " This isn't a joke sir, now if you could run her prints, I have to take her to an interrogation room and wait for the sheriff." He nodded squeezing my shoulders saying " It will work okay, all these guys will be kind and gentle okay?" I nodded yes as he sighed deeply at me then nodded to Leo  making me flinch with he touched me. Leo sighed saying " I have a clue what you went through okay, promise I won't hurt you ma'am."

Leo led me down another hall, passing desk with officers glancing up at me then  he asked a female officer to come with us and opened a door into a room with solid white walls, no windows, a long table and a few chairs. Leo told the female officer to pat me down as I raised an eye brow she softly said " Have to miss, the male officer legally can't touch you, I will be fast about this as you are pale as a sheet and shaking." I nodded then turned  she uncuffed me and the clicking made me jump then placed my hands on the wall as she patted me down touching every part as I sighed hanging my head. Leo  asked me to sit and handed me a blanket as I wrapped up then sat down laying my head on the table closing my eyes whispering " How long before I end up in a cell sir?" He shook his head softly answering " I don't know miss, only told to wait for Sheriff Mason to come and talk to you and since you seem as skittish as a rabbit right now, probably not for awhile." He leaned against one wall, the female officer leaned on the other as I nodded then laid my head back down. I looked up glancing at the clock seeing it's now three am then turned meekly asking " Is it possible  to get maybe some coffee and something to eat,  it may calm my nerves  sir." Leo nodded then told the female not to leave the room as he went out then a few minutes later returned placing a big mug of coffee, some creamers and sugar in front of me along with some powdered donuts as I softly chuckled and they both smirked. He smiled saying " Hey now everyone likes donuts okay, got them from the sheriff's desk, blame him." I chuckled offering them some as the declined and I added the creamers, sugar to my coffee. I coughed as the hot liquid hit my stomach then started nibbling on a donut, After two donuts, I pushed them off to the side making Leo say " You're still shaking and pale, I think the stress and adrenaline wears of soon, please rest while you can Ms. Young." I nodded laying my head back down seeing the female softly  smile and nod to me.

Another hour later we all heard voices getting closer to the door,  I kept my head on my arms, Leo adjusted the blanket wrapping me up tighter then I heard the voices of some very angry guys which were Jacob, Brad and Dwight all talking at once to Uncle Jeff. Jeff said firmly " Deputy Hall take Brad down to the waiting room get him coffee or something,  Mr. Garnett please calm down she isn't in a cell, yet." I didn't raise my head when the door opened but I did hear the scrapping of chair legs in front of me  so I raised my head looking right into Jeff's eyes as he softly smiled, there was a guy in a nice suit next to him and Leo had his hand on Dwight's chest holding him at the door. Jeff  watched my facial expressions as I hung my head  with shame, tears started falling again and he sighed " Leo I think you better let him in, as Kandi I think needs some familiar comfort and if Mr. Garnett doesn't get to touch her now, he looks like he could kill you son, let him go to her." Leo nodded dropping his hand as Dwight walked around the table  looking at me with pain, hurt, love and confusion. He knelt by my side when he turned  my head gently  I flinched at his touch he growled " My god Kandi, you know I won't hurt you, I love you no matter what please don't back away from me."