Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

*Jess's POV*

We were all gathered at the normal meeting place. Located about a mile from Louis's backyard, the clearing marked the beginning of the outskirts of The Black Moon Packs Territory.

At the moment we were awaiting the arrival of our dear Alpha while I was sitting at second in command. It was the perfect position for me. I was in charge but I didn't have too much responsibility. That was the Alphas job. And he could keep his job if I might add. The pack was getting restless awaiting the news that Ramon was supposed to deliver with his appearance.

Our pack had a lot of enemies. We were the pack with the largest territory and a lot of other packs wanted it. As the Beta I wasn't willing to give up out hard earned land for almost anything.

We had heard that the Blue Blood pack kidnapped innocent humans who weren't "aware of our cause", where that is a big deal in the werewolf community. While we don't really have any ground rules, we have morals. And attacking humans without probable cause is against them.

Basically it goes like this. They don't fuck with us, then we don't fuck with them. And if you want to tell them of your supernatural status you can but you have no right to reveal anyone else without consent. Point blank period.

I looked around at the people who had came to the meeting. There was Trey, Louis, Niall and Cruz looking uncomfortable near the trees while Micha, Damaris, Raven and Ariana were all chatting near an old tree stump.

Though the atmosphere was tense I was glad to see that all of our head fighters were here.

Just then I felt a presence in the back of my mind and I immediately perked up as did everyone else. Seconds later Alpha Ramon walked through the brush wearing only sweatpants which suggested he had ran here in wolf form.

"Is everyone here?" He asked.

I nodded just enough before going to stand by the rest of them who had gathered in a half circle around the alpha.

"As you know," he began. "The blue bloods have taken two humans from on our territory this afternoon. They have been identified as two teenage girls who were eating at small cafe.

Their names are Ryan Ramos and Mykah Morales"

I froze. Those bastards they took Ry. I would kill them. I didn't even register the the cracking of Louis and treys bones as they threatened to shift as they growled out in anger. I was too busy thinking of all they ways I could tear them limb from limb. A threatening growl rose in my throat as I felt my bones start to change shape. Usually the shift would take time but I was so angry that it couldn't have taken more than a minute.

Before I knew it I was running on all four legs with two angry wolves running by my side. We could hear each other's thoughts as wolves and there was only one thought running through all of out minds right now.

Kill.

We couldn't have gone more than a couple of kilometers before we heard an ear-splitting roar. We all stopped in our tracks.

That was the alphas roar.

Every wolf in an alphas pack is automatically overridden by their alphas roar.

We all turned around and I growled in frustration, but I ran back regardless.

As we reentered the clearing, the alphas eyes were glowing with power.

"Shift." He ordered.

I didn't even have time to think before my bones began to reform into those of a human. A pair of shorts were thrown at me an I quickly put them on.

I was still seething with anger despite the face I had been forced to 'calm down'.

Ry was like my sister and they had her. They could be hurting her, torturing her for all I knew and she didn't even know why.

The fact that she had to find out about me and Trey this way broke my heart. We were going to tell her. Soon. But those damn blue bloods took her and now she would hate us when we found her.

"You three need to calm down and listen" Ramon stated.

"First of all you idiots don't even know where your going. Second we could be walking into a trap. They could have the whole damn place rigged and set to blow as soon as step foot on their territory. Then it would be bad for all of you."

"Alpha they could be-" Louis started to argue

"Enough." Ramon said cutting him off. "Were going to the pack house to plan out an attack and rescue plan. Until then I don't want you three going anywhere."

"But we can't just let them-" Trey started

"I said enough!!" Ramon said. This time using his alpha voice. "I want all of you at the pack house in my office by midnight. Don't be late."

With that he shifted into his big black wolf and ran off.

I swore. I didn't have time for this. I needed to find out where they were keeping Ryan and Mykah. And I know Louis and Trey felt the same.

Niall and Cruz especially knew considering they've met and have become acquainted with them.

I saw Raven and Ariana give us sympathetic looks before shifting and running off after Damaris. That left me Louis, Micha, Cruz, Niall and Trey.

They began talking about how they were just as concerned as we were but that we acted irrationally. I knew they were right but that didn't speak louder than the warrior in me that told me to go find them. I began to zone out again but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Damaris.

He didn't judge me for reacting or try talking me out of anything. He just looked at me with understanding.

"C'mon." He said gesturing to the rest of the guys who were waiting for us by the trees "Let's go for a run before we have to go to the pack house."