Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*nightmare....or maybe just a dream*

I was in a white dress walking through a wreckage I knew were from bombs. I was walking through Orlando after it had been completely destroyed. There was no building that wasn't either on fire or crumbling. The only color was coming from a dress I was wearing. I walked down the path that could no longer be called a road. My footsteps echoed since the only thing you could hear was the crackling of the fire from the nearby buildings and bricks breaking on the pavement as they fell. What puzzled me was that I heard no people at all. I expected to hear people running, or calling each other's names or digging through the wreckage. But I heard nothing. I refused to believe they were all dead- but even if they were, you should see bodies. But there weren't any of them either. I looked behind me and decided going backwards wasn't an option so I confidently walked towards, what used to be the city. I wished I dreamt myself with shoes on because getting around the rubble barefoot was painful and irritating. Something got stuck in my foot and I had to stop to pull it our to avoid any further injury. I had walked for probably 30 minted before I saw a building in the distance that was completely intact. It wasn't even on fire!! I quickened my pace to a speed walk so I could get to the building quicker. When I got close neigh I realized that there were lights on. Lights meant only one thing right now and that was people. I was almost to the buildings doors when I heard something. I stopped in my tracks and swiftly turned around. I didn't see anything so I passed it off as my imagination and kept walking. I got to the door and put my hand on the doorknob but the I stopped. Do you ever get that feeling where something is just.... Not right? I turned around and again I didn't see anything there, but there was that little voice inside my head telling me to get my ass inside the building. I opened the door and ran it but let the door close slowly in case someone was following me and the door slamming would give me away. I crouched under the spiral steps waiting for whatever it was to pass. As I was about to stand up I heard footsteps. Someone was coming down the stairs. I should be happy right? That I found a living person in this deserted place? But no I was sacred. There was just something wrong. Shit. Why did I have to come to this building? Why couldn't I just do the smart thing and turn back around and walked away when I had the chance. The footsteps paused and as they did I stopped breathing. I'm caught. I thought. But the the footsteps started walking again and the sound eventually died away. They were gone. Or so I thought. I made my break for the door when a hand came around my waist and over my mouth. I don't know who this guy was but he didn't want me leaving. I tried to get free of his grip but that only made him hold me tighter. "Shhh" he said like he was going to do something. But this sensation came over me and I calmed down. Then he whispered something I didn't catch and went limp and fell to the floor. Before I lost all consciousness I got a glimpse of his face. It was too dark to place, but I saw his eyes. And they were glowing amber.

I woke with a start. I was heavily sweating. That was weird, I thought to myself. It wasn't the same boy they had the same eyes. Ugh I'd think about it later. I rolled over and looked at the clock on my nightstand. 1:46pm. Well that's just great I slept until 2pm. By the time I got dressed, showered and eaten it would most likely be around 3 and I wouldn't have time to do all the shopping I wanted. So I stayed in bed and thought about the dream I just had.