Chapter 4

I really don't get why he's treating me like nothing happened. Does he have a short term memory?

As Xavier was about to open his mouth the teacher interrupted him.

Dammit, he was about to say something.

"You will be able to get to know each other more while doing the project. Your project will be creating a scientific report on chemical reactions, now get started!"

This should be easy just finish the report and I won't have to interact with Xavier anymore. I really wanted to go unnoticed this year, but fricking Xavier Williams, the school's Greek god, had to barge into my life. Now I have to interact with him because of this stupid project that he probably won't do because he's so dumb. Urggh this is going to be an absolute roller coaster.

"So Pumpkin, we could write a report about our chemistry." he winked.

"How about I blow you up and write about that." I retort.

"Well you've already blown my mind."

"How about it being, literally."

"Figuratively." he corrected.

"Whatever, I'll just do the whole thing on my own because you will be far from help, but more of a distraction."

"I feel hurt." He feigned a tear and touched his heart.

I mentally slapped my face.

"So you admit I'm a distraction, I guess girls can't help but look at my gorgeous features." he states while looking proudly.

"No I mean there's a huge lump of garbage in front of me ready to be collected"

"Yeah because I draw all the attention, you're just a fly that can't help but be attracted to all this." He points to his body.

This guy, seriously, I am stunned by his infuriating personality. I guess girls are just in it for his dick and looks. When is this lesson going to end!? I just want to go home and watch Netflix. I miss the holidays.

"I've got an idea why don't you test some chemicals on yourself to see if your attitude changes." I said.

"Sure, we'll do it at your house."

What in the world?!?!?

"You're so funny." I state.

"What? I'm serious. Just text me your address, here's my number so call me maybe." He winked at me, reenacting the song.

He must be joking. This is ridiculous, I look at the slip of paper with the number written on it and rip it into pieces. Smirking out of satisfaction, I then sprinkle it over his head.

"Hey my beautiful hair, careful pumpkin."

"Don't call me pumpkin" I gritted.

"Well this is a first, a girl ripping up my number, I'm hurt." he says with his hand over his heart.

"You better get used to it, I don't tolerate this behaviour" I say firmly without wavering.

Is he serious? Expecting me to be like those other girls chasing him because of his looks.

He snatched my phone.

"HEY YOU ARSEHOLE!"

I looked at my phone to see his number saved under the name "sexy guy from chemistry". I scoffed as I read it.

I saw the teacher approaching us and he didn't look content. I knew what was going to happen next.

"Mr Williams and Miss Beckett what are you doing? Give me the phone this instant before I send you to detention." Mr Peterson said sternly.

He confiscated my phone.

"Collect it at the end of class Miss Beckett."

I stared in despair and started shooting lasers out of my eyes at Xavier. My baby was gone and I don't have it with me because of him. Everything bad comes from Xavier, and the annoying thing is, he doesn't even care. Oh god, kill me now.

"Ok where's the gun?"

"What?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"You said kill me now, so I was wondering where the gun was, so that I could shoot you." He said smiling innocently.

I hadn't realised I had said it out loud, I'm such an idiot.

"I'd prefer to die in style, how about a sword?" I continued to play along with him.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, you'll always continue to amaze me."

I rolled my eyes, looking at the clock, curious as to when the lesson was going to end because it was taking forever. I couldn't stand Xavier anymore he is so irritating. I just want to see Alec after a long day and have a couple of hours away from this Jerk.

"Ok class, finish organizing what you will be doing with your partners, because the bell will be going soon." Mr Peterson notified.

The bell rang, finally freedom! I celebrate. I run to the teacher and collect my phone, before I could hear another word from Xavier and out the door I go.

............

I saw Alec leaning against his car, probably waiting for me.

"Hey Alec." I run and hug him.

"Hey Av, how was chemistry?"

Well how was chemistry? Horrible was the best word to describe my last lesson.

"It was great, my partner is Xavier fricking Williams for the whole year!" Note the sarcasm.

Alec's expression immediately saddened.

"What?" He exclaimed.

I didn't understand his sudden change of mood. Why is he acting like that, does he care? No I must be overthinking.

............

We arrived at my house. As I was getting out of the car I turned around to face Alec who was still sitting.

"You coming?" I asked Alec.

"Nah I've got something to do." He said.

"Ok." I was surprised that he wasn't going to come.

Slightly disappointed by his answer, I sauntered inside my house.

I slip into my comfy pajamas, that read "Sleep all day" my favourite quote.

............

My phone suddenly lighted up alerting me that I have received a message. Who could it be at this time of night?

Sexy guy from chemistry: Hey Pumpkin ;)

What the hell?!!! This guy is cra-zyy! Is he out of his mind? I didn't think he would actually text me, I shouldn't have given him my phone.

Me: How did you find my number?

Sexy guy from chemistry: I have my sources.

I didn't think he would be able to find my number.

Remind me to change his name.

............

Hello fellow readers, this is Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck speaking. How was this chapter? Comment your thoughts below! Make sure to vote for this chapter and the previous ones to motivate and support us! Share this story with your family and friends.