Chapter 2

I walked in the classroom feeling absent minded because of my encounter with Ian and Xavier.

"You're late Miss Beckett."

"I'm sorry Mr...?"

"Mr Jackson." He corrected.

"This is a new transfer student, please make her feel welcomed."

"Now go find an empty seat." He said politely while gesturing.

I scanned through the room and found an empty seat. As I meandered towards a seat many heads turned, the girls glaring and the boys eyeing me up and down, I internally gagged at their reaction.

I took out the appropriate textbooks for literature and began diligently taking notes. Listening to the teacher attentively, I hadn't noticed the girl who had her hand out to me.

"Hey, my name is Astrid Taylor." She stated while smiling brightly.

"Hey, my name is Ava Beckett." I reply with a half-smile.

"What school did you transfer from?"

"I transferred from Alexandra High school."

"Why?" she asked while maintaining a smile.

"The school was bankrupted and that's why I had to come here."

I averted my eyes back to the teacher, who was addressing the outline of this subject.

............

The bell rung to indicate lunch. The students rushed out of their seats, filling the corridors. I began packing my textbooks, anticipating Alec's presence. As I begun to exit the classroom Astrid called out.

"Ava! Come sit with me in the cafeteria."

"Sure, I'll see you there." I smiled.

I walked out to see Alec leaning against the lockers, his hand running through his golden brown hair causing all the girls to swoon, including myself.

"Hey Av, how was your first class? Terrible right? Because I wasn't there." He smirked.

I had to admit, the statement was true, and without Alec my life was incomplete.

"Nah you would've made the class much more depressing than what it was originally." I lied.

"But I missed you Av." He whined.

My heart skipped a beat. Why must you be fazed by his words? I questioned.

"Of course you did, I'm the missing piece to your puzzle." I grinned widely, wishing it was true.

He squeezed my cheeks which caused me to blush.

"Do I have that much of an effect on you Av?" He winked.

"No, you idiot." I gently punched him on the chest and he feigned hurt.

............

As we started to approach the cafeteria, I saw Astrid waving at me.

"Come here." She exclaimed.

I followed Alec to the table and sat next to Astrid who was smiling. That's when I spotted Xavier and Ian sitting across from my seat. Great, I thought.

"Hey sweet cheeks." Ian smirked which caused a glare from Alec. Can I see jealously in his eyes? I'm probably delusional.

"It's Ava if you've already forgotten."

"Of course I remembered sweet cheeks, you're the one and only.".

"I guess you've already met Ian." Astrid commented.

"I wish I didn't." I muttered.

"I heard that sweet cheeks but because you're cute I'll let it slide."

My attention went to Xavier who was making out with a cheerleader, raking her hands through his hair, which caused a moan to escape involuntarily. Gagging at the sight, I gained unwanted attention from the table. I gulped and immediately turned away from the view.

"What is she doing here?!" She hissed.

"I invited her Brittney." Astrid replied.

In the corner of my eye I saw Alec's jaw clench.

"Should've left her in a library where she belongs." Brittney sneered.

That's when I blurted out.

"At least I belong somewhere."

"I belong in the arms of Xavier." She asserted as she pulled him closer.

Causing a grimace from him.

"I don't think he wants you."

Brittney gazes towards Xavier with her pleading eyes, expecting him to disagree with me.

It came to my attention that the whole cafeteria was staring at us, that's when Alec's hand rested on top of mine, generating butterflies inside of me. Brittney's pesky voice snapped me out of my illusory thoughts.

"Who doesn't want me?"

"It would take me all day to read the list."

"Brittney don't waste your time with inconsequential people like her." Xavier said.

............

This is Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck here, we hope you've enjoyed our second chapter. Make sure to vote for this chapter as this motivates us to continue writing. Please share this story with your friends and family!