Chapter 7

Just thinking about how fast everything has been going really surprises me. It's only been two days and I have made really great friends, I feel like I have known Astrid since forever and I'm already invited to a party. But I just know there is something fishy about Xavier's invitation, like seriously why would he invite me to his party?

I knew we were approaching the destination due to the loud booming sounds of music and boisterous teenagers. I start fiddling with my fingers and begin to regret my decision to attend this party.

The car comes to a halt and Alec rushed over to open the door for me, he holds his arm out for me to hold, while I awe at his gesture. He escorts me into the double storey house followed by Astrid and Elijah.

I suddenly trip over my high heels but Alec's quick reflexes steadies me and tightens his grip around my waist.

"Careful there Av, I wouldn't want you to slip away from my grasp" he whispers in my ear and I blush to a noticeable pink.

Me neither, I want to stay in your grasp forever. But of course I couldn't say that.

"Don't tempt me." I joke with a grin plastered across my face. The warmth of Alec's hands caused my body to tingle and made me feel secure.

Clutching Alec's hand, he guides me into the kitchen where it was serene and tranquil.

"So Av, you planning to get wasted or just tipsy?"

"Hmmm, well I would like to stay sober, but getting wasted just strikes me!" I squeal.

I could see the shock in Alec's face, I chuckle at his expression.

"Just kidding, do you see me as that type of person?"

"There was a chance" he shrugged.

"Ha ha ha very funny."

"So what would my lady like to drink." he said gesturing to the array of choices.

My lady?!?! Did I hear that correctly? My heart began to sink to the bottom of the sea, and somehow I couldn't help but let it descend, ok maybe I was just exaggerating but he had to mean something right?

"U-uhm I'll just have a can of beer" I tried to speak without stuttering.

"Ok, coming right up" He opened the fridge which seemed to have never ending drinks piled on top of each other.

His hand gently grazed pass my hand as he gave me my drink.

"Alec!! I've been looking for you." I heard a high pitch voice yell a meter away.

I whip my head to see none other than the same exact girl who was flirting with Alec yesterday. Could my life get any worst?

"Hey Ashley."

She latched herself onto Alec's arm.

"When did you arrive?" she swiftly stood in front of me.

"Not too long ago"

"Let's go dance" she said and dragged him out of the kitchen.

I down the can of beer as I watched Alec leave my grasp. How ironic.

I don't plan on standing in the kitchen for the whole night. So I begin to circle around the house and gaze at the picturesque teenagers. I chuckle at my own sense of humour, If someone saw me right now they would have thought I was some mental person who had escaped from an asylum.

I meandered all over the house to find a toilet and cleaned myself up.

I exited the toilet feeling refreshed when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me against the wall, causing me to wince at the impact. He towered over me and slowly moved himself closer towards me, the scent of alcohol washed all over me. My heart begins to beat erratically, I attempt to push him away but he gets hold of my wrists and pushes them to the wall, leaving only one thing left for me to do, which is to knee him where the sun doesn't shine. I begin to smirk in satisfaction when I heard a groan, but I was pushed to the ground and my head was slammed against the hard tiled floors.

"What the fuck!" I groaned in anguish.

"Princess where do you think your going?" I hear the rapist say to me.

I don't want to die young, I still haven't watched all the episodes of my favourite shows on Netflix. Ava! What are you thinking about? This is a life or death situation!

I successfully get up with all the remaining energy in me but was dragged into an empty room conveniently situated across the toilet. No this can't be happening. He starts to pick me up and then all of a sudden he chucks me on the bed. He leans in and gently caresses my cheek. I begin to squirm under his grip but fail to progress any further.

"It'll be over soon, I promise." he states.

"Get off me!" I yell, but the music concealed my screams from being heard.

He inclines himself towards my lips, and I knew what was going to happen next. I shut my eyes tightly, counting every second I was in his presence. He was so close to kissing me, but thank the heavens the door opened revealing Xavier in all his glory. He marched towards us and pulled the sex driven man away from me and punched the living daylights out of him. My eye involuntarily begin tearing up, causing my vision to become blurry. I vigorously wipe away my tears.

"Don't fucken touch her Connor!"

Oh that was his name, Connor.

Xavier gently grabs my wrist and led me out of the room. I was alleviated that I was liberated from Connor, but I was curious as to how Xavier could have heard me over the blaring music.

My tears begin to stop and I could find my voice again.

"Th...thank y..you" I say with a shaky voice. A gasp escapes from my mouth when I notice Xavier's knuckles bleeding

"You're bleeding" I state.

"I'm fine it's just a little bit of blood." he says while wiping his fist.

I grabbed his hands instinctively and start softly blowing his injured hands.

"Stay here" I got up and went to the toilet to find a first aid kit.

I walk back to see Xavier in the same position and I grabbed his hands to bandage them up.

"There you go" I let go of his hands and stare back at him.

"Thanks pumpkin, you didn't have to do that."

"All goods, you're the one who helped me first" I stared in admiration. My phone started to ring.

"Sorry one moment" I say.

"Yes, I'm with Xavier, yes, yes, ok bye" I hung up the phone and return to Xavier.

"Who was it?"

"Uhm, just Alec" I state.

"Oh ok."

"Well I think I better get going now, thanks for saving me."

"Of course, I am, your knight in shining armour" he smirks.

"Let's hope you keep your word."

............

Hey lovely readers! It's Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck here, we are really ecstatic to announce that we have hit more than 1000 reads and are now on the what's rising charts! We appreciate all your reads, votes, and comments. What do you guys think of our new book cover? Did you prefer the old one or the new one? Comment down below and have a great week! <3