Chapter Six

(PIC OF LIZZIE TO THE SIDE)

_______________________________________

~Dylan

_______________________________________

"Don't do it. Oh my god, stop! Why are you kissing him? Jesus Christ, Elena fudging Gilbert!! What are you doing?! Stop kissing Stefan! Did you hear me?! STOP. KISSING. HIM. Damon is in love with you, you idiot! YOU'RE BREAKING HIS HEART!!!"

Jordan and Eric clutched their ears and whimpered from their spots on the ground. Lizzie and Rose kicked them absentmindedly, fixated on the TV screen in front of us, playing a rerun of Vampire Diaries.

As soon as things began getting more heated between Elena and Stefan, Lizzie pumped her fist into the air.

"Yes!" she hissed triumphately.

"No!" Rose moaned. I felt my stomach clench at the sound. It stirred my hormones and I cringed. What was wrong with me? I didn't even know this girl.

Shaking my head, I made my way over to a seat near Alpha Mark. He noticeably stiffened when I did so, and I frowned. What was with this pack? They all seemed to hate me.

"Morning, Alpha Dylan," Mark said stiffly. I smiled at him.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

His eyes flashed with an unrecognizable emotion. "Fine," he said curtly.

I opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off by an angry shriek.

"Take that back, you whore!" Lizzie screamed, grabbing a fistful of Rose's hair. I flinched, seeing her grimace in pain.

Clenching her teeth, Rose yelled back, "Never! Damon is a thousand times better than Stefan!"

"Lies!" Lizzie howled, pouncing onto her (supoosed?) friend. The two of them rolled off the couch and onto a startled Eric and Jordan.

"Delena is sickening," Lizzie snapped.

"Stelena is disgusting!" Rose growled back, her fingernails digging into Lizzie's wrists. I saw the girl wince in pain as small drops of scarlett began appearing on their surfaces.

"Shouldn't you stop them?" I asked Mark, bewildered. He was causally leaned against the chair, arms folded behind his head.

"Nah. Believe it or not, they're best friends. Vampire Diaries is the only thing they ever fight about." He glanced in their direction, rolling his eyes. "And when they do...it's not pretty."

"Don't worry," Eric mumbled, crawling over to Mark and I on his hands and knees to avoid being caught in the tumbling heap of catfight raging behind him. Jordan followed closely behind. "They'll make up in a few minutes."

Sure enough, by the time the episode was over, the two girls were clutching each other and crying into one another's shoulders. For some reason, Rose's weeping--though I knew it wasn't true misery--broke my heart.

"Klaus is so perfect for her and she doesn't even see it," Lizzie wailed.

"I know," Rose sobbed. "He loves her so much! God damn, why can't anyone love me that way?"

Abruptly, Eric, Jordan, and Mark all turned their gazes in my direction. I couldn't help but notice the anger in their eyes. Confused, I tried asking Mark what it was all about.

A voice intterupted me again before I could. This time it was male. Josh, the only member of the pack that had been missing during this entire...scenario...suddenly appeared in the doorway. He was carrying a spatula.

Upon seeing the cooking utensil in his hand, everyone in the room gasped and jumped up. I stared, stunned and speechless. What the hell just happened?

I swear to you, I will never understand this pack.

_____________________________________

A/N:

*Peace, love, goodwill, and hashbrowns!*