Chapter Three

(PIC TO SIDE OF ROSE--NOW)

_______________________________________

~Tamara Rose

______________________________________

"Rose! Rose, get your butt down here!"

I groaned loudly and shoved my face further into my pillow. Muttering under my breath, I said, "My butt's tired. You come up here if it's so important."

Thanks to his inhanced werewolf senses, Mark heard me right away. He was in my bedroom in a flash, ripping my sheets off and shoving his face close down to mine.

Growling lowly, he snapped, "Was this your doing?"

Sighing, I turned my head from the comfiness of my pillow grudgingly and cracked one eye open. Upon seeing him, I burst out laughing.

His handsome face, half of it now a bright violet, glared back at me. He narrowed his eyes. "I hate you. Who was it this time?"

I grinned, sitting up.  "Jordan. He dared me to put dye in your shaving cream."

He shook his head, green eyes glittering menacingly. "That boy..."

"Oh, it's not his fault," I said, rolling my eyes.

He gave me a look. "You're right. It's yours. Why don't you just say no for once?"

I pouted my lips and crossed my arms. "Seriously? It is way too early in the morning for this conversation. You already know why--I have never said no to a dare in my entire life, and I don't plan on doing so now."

Mark snorted. "Yeah? In that case, I dare you to tell me the cure to this." I laughed, finally throwing myself out of bed and standing.

Giving him a friendly peck on the cheek, I said, "The orange bottle in the box under my bed. Rub it on and leave it there for five minutes, then wash with soap and water. See? It's perfectly harmless. Totally temporary--you should know I'd never do anything too mean to you."

He just shook his head at me, proceeding to grab the bottle and stalk angrily out of the room. I cupped my hands aorund my mouth and yelled after him, "AND GOOD MORNING TO YOU, TOO!"

Jordan, Eric, and Josh were all doubled over laughing when I entered the kitchen. I smirked at them and wagged a finger at Jordan, going over to the kitchen to pull out a bottle of juice.

"And you said I wouldn't do it," I scoffed.

He was laughing too hard to answer me, but Eric managed to snort out, "That...was...brilliant. Utterly...and completely...brilliant."

I took a long drink of my juice, watching the three boys continue laughing. A smile lifted my lips. This was my family--had been for three years now. I loved them all to death.