Chapter Four

_______________________________________

~Tamara Rose

_______________________________________

"No."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I began storming from the kitchen. I could feel the shocked silence of my packmates behind me as they watched me leave. I mean, I really wasn't such a tempermental person.

But if you try to force me to me to return to my old home--full of nothing but people who scorn me, reject me, and turn me into a slave--well...I'm bound to be a little pissed.

I heard the footsteps of Mark, Eric, Jordan, and Josh following after me.

My jaw clenched in anger. Old emotions were starting to stir inside of me at the thought of having to return to Sierra County. At the thought of having to face Dylan. At the thought of feeling the agonizing wave of rejection wash over me once more--after it had taken me so long to try and get rid of it.

"Rose," Jordan said, using one of his many nicknames for me. "Can we at least talk about this?"

I gritted my teeth, refusing to turn around and continung to walk. I was literally going in circles around the house, nothing more.

"There's nothing to talk about."

Mark heaved a sigh. "Babe, you can't just stay here. Alpha Dylan said their pack is under threat from rogues invading the area. We have an alliance with that pack. We have no choice but to go over there and help them."

"Alpha Dylan?" I bit the words out, my voice dripping with venom. "You mean the man who broke my heart and stomped on it with those stupid expensive-ass Jordan's of his?"

Jordan coughed uncomfortably. Josh muttered something darkly under his breath. It sounded like a threat, but I couldn't be sure.

I felt a hand on my arm and turned, finding myself gazing into a pair of intesne eyes.

"Rosie," Mark murmured, locking his gaze with my own. "Listen to me. I know Dylan hurt you. I know he's an asshole. Hell, his entire pack is. But you aren't."

I stared at him silently, confused as to where this was going.

"You're no longer the quiet, pushover of a girl you once were," he continued. "You're a strong, sexy, badass werewolf with a fierce temper who--" he grinned "--walks in circles when she gets mad."

I tried hard to glare at him, but a smile cracked the look.

Jordan, Josh, and Eric ran up and engulfed me into a hug. "Aw, come on, Tammie. You know we'd never let anyone touch a hair on your head."

Eric nodded seriously. "Not even a hair on your arm. Or your eyebrow. Or even--'

"Eric," I laughed. "I get it."

Mark smiled and rested his hand on my shoulder. "So, just remember that, alright? I won't force you to go with us. It's just that you'll have to stay in the formal Imperial County pack house without Jordan, Eric, Josh or I there if you don't go. We're the only ones going from the pack...well, and Lizzie. We were suppsed to bring you, too, but if you don't want to go..." he trailed off.

I gave him a look. "Wow, way to guilt me into it."

Josh gave a brilliant smile. "So you're coming?"

I bit my lip. "I...I don't know, you guys. Can you at least give me a few days to think about it?"

Mark raised an eyebrow. "Actually, we're leaving the day after tomorrow. So...give yourself a night and sleep on it, okay? Tell me next morning."

My mouth fell open. "Why in God's name did you tell me on such short notice, Mark?"

When he didn't respond, my entire face went red with anger. "Oh my God! You knew if you told me last minute I would be forced to go along because I'd have no choice!"

I waited for an answer. When the only response was silence and an ashamed grin, I knew I was right.

I shook my head. "God damn it. This is...it's just so hard. They're probably preparing all kinds of torture and shit for me right now as we speak."

All four of the guys gave me a weird look. I just stared back at them. "What?" When they didn't respond, I persisted impatiently. "What?"

Eric pursed his lips. "They don't know you're coming, Tamara Rose."

I just stared at him, speechless. "Wh...what?"

Mark groaned. "Did you actually think we'd tell them we found the rejected mate of their Alpha three years ago, took her in, and now she's like our sister? They probabaly wouldn't have an alliance with us anymore if they found out we'd added a banished member from their pack to ours!"

I snorted, crossing my arms. "They shouldn't have a problem with it. I mean, there's no rules against it."

All I recieved for this response was a group of scathing looks.

(And Eirc muttered curiously to himself, "Really? You'd think they'd have a law against that type of thing...")

Throwing my hands up in the air, I sighed loudly. "Fine, goddamnit. I'll go. But you guys all owe me two tubs of icecream. Each."

Cries of "Alright!" went around as they all pumped their fists into the air. Except for Mark, who just gave me a reasuring look.

It'll be alright, he whispered soothingly through our mind-link.

I closed my eyes. I really hope so.

_______________________________________

A/N:

AGGGH! 

Sorry. :) Anyways, I can't wait an entire week to write the next chapter, so I'm doing it right now!

Ha, yeah right. I have NO time to do that. :( Ah, well. Maybe soon! :P

*Peace, love, goodwill, and Maxwell House instant coffee!*