I'm All Alone

I hope you enjoying reading this story as much as I did writing it please feel free to comment and vote it's much appreciated :)

My name is Stella and today's a dark day for me I wouldn't wish this on anyone. As I put on my black suit I look out the window and the hearse has arrived with the word Grandma inside it in her favorite red roses it's only me left so I rode in the hearse.

I arrived at the church and the priest read a prayer and then some men took my Grandma out to the graveyard and placed her in the ground I stayed for a while and then said goodbye and place a red rose on the coffin and left before the men covered her up. The day seemed to go by so quickly I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up hoping it was all a dream but while I was stirring a cup of tea the phone rang a man's voice said " Miss Pinkle my name is Tom Fireby I'm your Grandma Abigail's lawyer I would like it if you could come to my office later today " and gave me his address then said " goodbye ".

I busied myself about the house til it was time to see Mr Fireby I hadn't eaten for a few days and felt a bit dizzy so I got a chocolate bar and ate it while walking to his office. The receptionist asked me to take a seat I twiddled my hair around my finger wondering whethe wanted.

He then called me through and sat me down he proceeded to tell me that my Grandma had a will and as I was her last next of kin I have inherited her mansion and belongings that are there I burst into tears and said " that's not going to bring her back is it " he replied " I'm sorry " he then asked me to sign some papers and then I left.

I walked home in a daze and slammed the door shut. I didn't know what to do about everything so I went about my daily chores then ate some soup for my dinner, before I knew it the day had gone and the days became a week. I woke up and looked in the mirror i didn't realise how badly I had let myself go so I went for a shower.

As I was getting dressed I heard the door tap I ran to the door it was the postman he asked me to sign for a letter I then closed the door and opened the letter it had a set of keys in it and a letter from Mr Fireby saying inside you will find the keys to your Grandma's home a tear ran down my cheek.

I rang my landlord up and told him I was moving out tomorrow he replied you will lose your deposit for not giving a months notice I said " I totally understand " he then said " put the keys through the letterbox when you leave as I have copies " I replied " will do ".

I packed up what I could as I couldn't wait to move into her house as I missed her and wanted to see her home again and feel close to her I then phoned for a taxi, before locking the door and put the keys through the letterbox and then awaited for the taxi to arrive.