Grandma's Mansion

I hope you enjoy this story feel free to comment vote and fan please it's very much appreciated.

It's a nice day the sun is out and there's a slight breeze blowing through the trees. As I step into the taxi my stomach sinks as I'm going to my Grandmas house oh how I miss her, the driver puts my suitcases. In the boot and I tell him where to go. As I'm sitting there I read the lawyers letter again stating that I'm the sole heir to my Grandmas home and tears roll down my cheek the driver stops and hands me a tissue I thanked him as we drove off. we drive through a small village it has eight houses, a few shops and a pub thats a B and B.

I am moving into a mansion in the country with red rose bushes all around it my Grandma took real good care of the roses they were here pride and joy. As we arrive I can see my Grandmas car it's covered in dirt as it hasn't been used in a while I remember when my Grandma used to take me to the beach of the fun we had I feel warm just thinking of it.

As I look at the house I can see that it will need a little work doing to it then it will look like I used to know it. I'm sure by now you are not expecting me to be an old lady I'm twenty four years old once we arrived the driver brought my suitcases to the door and then he drove off As I walk through the door a shiver runs down my spine I wonder could that be my Grandma and I rub my arms to get warm before putting the heating on.

I was left this house and car in my grandmas will it's a good thing I have my driving license. It feels weird knowing she won't be in this house anymore I miss watching her make cookies I so want to hear her shout on me, but me being here is what she wanted me to do. My name is Stella and I am thin built with long red hair. I haven't npacked yet as I want to take a look around first. There's lots of space about the house for. just me but i'm sure i'll get used to it I may grow vegetables at the front of the house and at the back garden is a huge field with a small stable.

I can almost hear horses neighing, as I approach the stable I open the door thought to myself are they the ones I used to clean out for when I stayed over only to find two chestnut horses their names are Sky and Lightning, "aren't you beautiful" I said they were a bit weary of me and backed off as I was a stranger to them one has a white mane and the other has a black mane. I didn't hang around there for long, after feeding them and clearing out their stable I returned to the house.

As I looked around the house I could see that most of the rooms were in good condition though one door was locked and no key for it I touched the door handle an eerie feeling came over me making me feel like I should leave it alone, just a few windows and some floor board's will need fixed. Down stairs beside the phone was Grandmas car keys and phone book I opened it up and a card fell out I picked it up and it was for Ned Can Mend It handyman service. I said to myself I will call him tomorrow.

While having some dinner I wondered what could be in the room, could it be a nursery or a sewing room or could it be haunted though the last idea seems more likely why else would she lock it. It was getting late I opened up my case and got my night clothes on, I thought it would be pointless unpacking tonight as its dusty everywhere, I will have to do a lot of cleaning tomorrow. I went to bed though I was quite restless as I'm not used to having a big house all to myself it creaked and the wind whistled eerily through the broken windows.

Morning arrived after a big yawn and a stretch I walked downstairs and had a slice of toast with a glass of fresh orange, I got dressed and got all the cleaning products out of the cupboard I then picked up a pair rubber gloves that I brought with me it's going to take a lot of work to get it clean. I started with the dusting and the house began to look a bit more lived in, I lookf at pictures of grandma on the mantelpiece for a minute.

As I swept the floors and hovered all of the carpets in the rooms I could feel them come alive again I scrubbed the kitchen and then I mopped the floors, by then I hadn't realized I had forgotten to have some lunch. I felt a bit peckish, after a small salad and a cup of tea I went to feed the horses and cleaned their stable, they seemed friendlier today so I gave them an apple each and brushed their manes which they enjoyed I was pleased as they let me stroke their head, I then went back to the house.

I picked up the phone and rang up Ned with my list of jobs he said "I will be with you tomorrow morning" I said "thank you and see you then", By then I felt really tired so I decided to have a bubble bath and relaxed my aches and pains aaaaahhhh that feels better than I had a nap on the couch before dinner, I must have been really tired because when I woke up it was morning my arms were a little sore put worth the pain as the house is spotless.

I had a quick shower and got dressed; since my body ached from all the cleaning I decided it was best to do no digging in the garden today. I had a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea for breakfast. Then the door bell rang there I opened the door and there stood a slender man with short ginger hair holding a tool box in his hand. I said "ayou must be Ned", he replied "yes I'm Ned and you must be the new owner of the house". I replied "you can call me Stella" then we shook hands.

He spent all day fixing the two broken windows and five floor boards he tried to get the locked door opened but it didn't budge I had hoped he could open it, while he was doing all the repairs I did my washing and hung it outside so the breeze could dry them, when he was finished I thanked him and gave him a cheque for his work. As dinner time arrived I decided to have eggs and chips in the living room I was slightly on edge at first as Grandma didn't allow dinner in the living room then I sadly remembered she isn't here to tell me off.

I watched a movie on the television. It was nice and relaxing not to hear the wind whistling through the windows anymore Ned had done a good job. After a hot chocolate I went to bed I slept well that night and woke up at eight o'clock in the morning.