Twice Returned

Mario's POV

(Past)

It was a rather peaceful day in the house I shared with my baby brother. Luigi was in the front, trimming the hedges while I was in the back, trimming the lawn. That's when the mailman came. I came over to Luigi and saw some hurt in his eyes. What was going on? Why was he looking so hurt? He held the mail in his hands, looking like a little kid about ready to cry. I hated when Luigi was so emotional like this. He needed to be more like me. He needed to be less like a coward and be brave.

I asked, "Anything for me?"

He finally noticed me and answered, "No, there's something here for me, though."

I stated, "Then open it, Weegie."

He was rather slow in opening it, like he was really hurt about something. I rolled my eyes as he took out a letter and then his sadness turned to utter surprise.

He told me, "Listen to this, Malleo! I won a mansion!"

That got my attention.

I questioned, "Wait, what?"

I snatched the letter out of his hands and read it said:

'Dear Mr. Luigi Manfredi,

Congratulations! You were our winner in the recent contest - "Younger Brothers of Major Heroes". You have won an all expense paid mansion and enclosed is a map to get you to your new home! You may bring with you two people of your choice to see this mansion and come to claim it on November 18, 2001. We hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

K.B., CEO of Scare to Care'

I looked up again and saw that Luigi was beyond happy.

He commented, "You know what this means, Malleo? I can have a house of my own and do what I want and please!"

I couldn't stop this bad feeling I had. Something was telling me that something was wrong. I decided not to let Luigi know, he seemed too excited. I took a look at the map and made a quick copy of it inside of the house. I gave Luigi the original copy.

I stated, "Listen, I want to be one of the ones to go. I got to make sure that my baby brother doesn't get a big fat head."

"Malleo," he groaned, making me chuckle.

I replied, "Relax, you can ask Princess Daisy to come with you if you want."

He frowned at that and I couldn't help but wonder why. Didn't he like Daisy? But just then, his frown turned into a smile.

Luigi responded, "I have someone else in mind..."

After saying a quick goodbye, I headed to the place where this mansion was. Little did I know...

...

Present

As Mario walked around on his crutches, Luigi placed the Pure heart into the Heart Pillar - refusing to leave his brother's side. Mario was touched as Violet stayed in Flopside to get some items for the journey.

"Thanks, Weegie," Mario said - a bit too quietly.

Luigi looked at Mario and asked, "Are you okay, Malleo?"

Mario pulled Luigi into another hug, really surprising the green clad plumber. Mario had been acting strangely since the three of them left the Underwhere. Violet even told the green clad plumber to talk to his older twin alone so he could figure out what was going on - though she still felt bad herself.

Finally; Mario pulled away as he answered, "I've been thinking as of lately."

Luigi questioned, "About what?"

Mario stated, "...about the mansion incident. When I had arrived at the mansion, I saw Professor E Gadd. I can't help but wonder what would've happened if I stopped to chat with him."

Luigi looked at Mario, stunned as he stammered, "A - are y - you s - saying that you were scared?"

Mario looked up at Luigi in surprise and asked, "How'd you know about that?"

"Boolossus taunted me about that," Luigi explained.

The older Manfredi grimaced as he thought, 'So they tormented Luigi and Violet too...' That's when Luigi placed the Pure Heart into the Heart Pillar. Returning to Flipside, they saw Violet and Tippi returning with the supplies.

Violet asked, "Everything cool between you two?"

Mario smiled as he answered, "Yeah, they are."

Tippi stated, "Well, that's good news."

Luigi replied, "Yeah, it is."

Going through the final door, our heroes were not prepared for what was on the other side...and that was none other than the Underwhere. The three heroes groaned as Tippi perked up.

She asked, "What's the matter?"

Luigi answered, "This is where we've been!"

Mario added, "When Dimentio said that he was going to send us to the next world of the Samurai Kingdom, he wasn't kidding."

Violet groaned and stated, "You know what this means...we have to talk to Queen Jaydes..."

The red clad plumber nodded and lead his team to where Queen Jaydes was. When they got there, Queen Jaydes was surprised.

She questioned, "Wait, why have you returned?!"

Tippi answered, "You're Queen Jaydes? My name is Tippi, I'm a friend of Mario's... We...we've come to find the Pure Heart that is hidden in this world..."

Queen Jaydes blurted out, "What?! You're collecting Pure Hearts?! Hmm...now that I take a long look at you... I realize that you might be the heroes in the Prognosticus... But could you really be...the ones?"

Violet stated, "If we're not, then this world and all of the others are going to end up like the Samurai Kingdom!"

Luigi replied, "My girlfriend is right, we need to do this."

Mario asked, "Is there anyone we can talk to?"

Queen Jaydes explained, "The location of the Pure Heart is a matter of utmost secrecy, I am afraid. There's nothing I can tell you... If you really must know, you must talk to Grambi, king of the Overthere."

Suddenly; a voice yelled, "MOTHER!"

Tippi questioned, "Who said that?"

In an instant, Luvbi came over - making Luigi groan with annoyance as Mario chuckled.

...

Wishmaker1028: Poor Weegie. Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!