Chapter 5

Callie and Loren were setting everything up in their room late at night. Hey girls...you want takeout? Darien asked each of them. Sure. Loren said. I don't care. Callie said. Darien went downstairs and ordered Chinese food. He then went in the living room and did his works as a chief at the police station.

GIRLS! CAN YOU COME DOWN HERE!? Darien yelled. Callie and Loren both came downstairs and went to the living room. Sir please! Darien said. Callie and Loren sat next to each other and got comfortable. So...I just want to let you know what its like to be here in California. Darien said. I am the chief here in town and I know all the crimes that happens and who's involved. You will go to school and the school you're going to is very strict. They only give you but so many chances. Darien said. So you're a chief? Loren asked and repeated. Yes...and I know what you guys did back home  and I'm telling you now that's not gonna cut it here in California. But I don't want to be hard on you guys. I don't know why you acted the way you did but I'm willing for y'all to start fresh. And part of that is going to a program that most kids in this town is in. They speak their feelings and all that. Darien said. Who do you think needs it more? Loren asked. You want me to be 100% honest?! Darien said. Yes. 100%. Callie said. I think you Callie. I feel that something happened...and that triggered your behavior today. Your mom doesn't think so but I do. Darien said. Okay. Then to start fresh. I'll go! For my sister! Callie said grabbing Loren's hand. Okay. Darien said.

20 minutes later,the Chinese came and Darien put it on the kitchen counter. C'mon guys! I need to get back to work! Darien said. Callie and Loren walked in and made their plates. I thought you said we eat as a family? Loren asked. I know but I can't. Not tonight anyway. We could do it tomorrow night. Darien said smiling. Okay. Loren said. Callie smiled.