Chapter Fourteen: Dr. Spencer Reid

It took entirely too long for the bleeding to stop. It scared Spencer. He thought he would bleed to death on the floor of the warehouse.

“Just . . . keep pressure on it” he told Morgan through clenched teeth. He didn't know why CL had decided to shoot him, just that he did. And it hurt quite a lot. And he would probably die from some nasty infection. “So sure we'll get out now?” he asked Morgan dryly. Then he felt bad. It wasn't Morgan's fault he got shot. “Sorry” he muttered. He shifted around on the floor, being careful not to move Morgan's shirt, which was on the bullet wound, or hit his bad arm. It was quite difficult.

“Hey, hey, kid. Stop moving” Morgan said, keeping his hand down firmly on Spencer's wound.

Spencer closed his eyes. “I'm done, Morgan” he said, but it came out as more of a whisper. The door opened. He didn't care, but he felt Morgan flinch. Something hit the floor, and the door closed. “What is it?” asked Spencer, but he didn't open his eyes.

“Hey, kid, it's Hotch!” Morgan replied.

“No” Spencer breathed, still keeping his eyes closed. Morgan's hand left the wound, and Spencer replaced it with his own. He heard Morgan stand up and walk away, probably over to Hotch. Spencer slid down the wall until he was laying on the floor. He just wanted to sleep.

“No, kid. Wake up” Morgan said, but Spencer could barely hear him. He kept his eyes closed.

“Get him upright” Hotch ordered.

Everything sounded so far away. All Spencer had to do was give up. He was getting closer every second. Someone dragged him into a sitting position again, but he didn't care enough to find out who. He was so tired.