Chapter Twelve: Dr. Spencer Reid

They brought someone else the next day. At least, Spencer thought it was the next day. He wasn't really sure. As soon as he recognized the person, however, he wished he hadn't.

Melanie was asleep, and she didn't wake up, despite the beating the unsub had given Spencer. He was used to the beatings, by now. They came with every visit. And those came a lot. The unsub did bring lunch, though. Melanie slept through almost everything, though Spencer did wake her up for the food. He was scared for her, and, by definition, himself.

Derek Morgan moaned. The sound jolted Spencer from his thoughts, which was both a blessing and a curse. He was no longer thinking about the few hours he had left, but the pain was back full force.

“Morgan?” he called weakly.

“Who's there?” replied the agent. Spencer saw him sit up, across the room. “Reid?” Morgan continued. Spencer tried to answer, but he devolved into a coughing fit. He heard footsteps, and though her knew it was probably Morgan, he involuntarily cringed, preparing for another beating. It never came. Someone knelt down in front of him, and he opened his eyes. It was Morgan. “Hey, kid” he said softly. Spencer shot him a half-smile. “You look awful” Morgan continued.

“Welcome to CL's lair” Spencer said wryly. “And I know who he is.”

Morgan's eyes widened. “Who? How?” he asked.

Spencer shook his head. “Mel told me. Then CL broke my arm and told me that now he'll have to kill me. I know who he is, Morgan. He's got cameras, he's watching us. If Mel dies, he'll kill me. If the team even gets close, he'll kill the both of us.” He wanted to cry but he couldn't.

“Melanie Wilson?” asked Morgan.

“She's over there” Spencer said, nodding his head in her direction. “All she does is sleep. CL's been ignoring her. He comes to hit me now. Mel and I don't have long.” He shifted around, wincing when he hit his bad arm. Mel had set it with rope and a broken chair leg, and it was bulky and hard to move.

“Listen, Reid. The team will find us. We'll get out of this” Morgan told him. Spencer could see the conviction in his eyes, but he knew he was wrong.

“I'm going to die” he said, and he was sure of it. “At least you have a chance. Please . . . tell the team I'm sorry.” He knew Morgan would try to say something, but he didn't want to hear it. He leaned back against the wall, and closed his eyes. The footsteps approaching them sounded far away. And so did the gunshot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This almost made me cry. It's so sad. Poor Spencer! What do you guys think? Does he still sound like Spencer? -.- It's so short . . .