[Garnet × gem!reader]

[#16: Garnet's Kid]

Everything was dark until suddenly you were standing in sand near a large body of water. You gazed around the area with curiosity in your eyes. Your eyes landed upon strange buildings and-- humans!

You backed away and spun around on your heels, heading the opposite direction of those humans. You investigated the sights that lay before you on the sand. You tilted your head when you saw an ancient temple; a mystical woman with extra limbs carved into the stone, her hands rest upon the entrance of a... home?

You looked closer at the woman and saw that she had five gems all across her body-- wait, she was a gem! Was she a fusion? She had gems in all very familiar places... You stepped closer and hid behind a boulder when a small, chubby boy bursted through the door and ran down the stairs.

The boy had dark, curly hair piled onto his head. He wore a salmon-pink t-shirt with a star on the chest, jeans, and sandals the same color as the shirt. He looked awfully familiar to you, but you did not know why.

He passed you seemingly not noticing you, but then turned to face you. He furrowed his eyebrows and stepped closer. You backed away.

"Hey, it's okay! I'm totally cool! I'm not gonna hurt you!" he assured you, giving a big, toothy smile. He held his hand out to you. You stared at his hand with a confused expression etched onto your face. He frowned and his hand retracted back to his side.

"Um... I'm Steven-- Steven Universe. And um, you are..?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck. You answered quietly with your name and shrunk back when he reached his arm out again.

"You're a gem, right? Where'd you come from?" he questioned, moving closer to you. You swiftly moved behind the boulder, out of his sight.

He apologized and coaxed you out of your hiding spot. You slowly crept towards him, but not close enough for him to touch.

"Yes, I am a gem. I am a/an (G/T). I came from the Kindergarten, but that was thousands of years ago. I think I was bubbled... the Earth looks much different than last time I have seen it..," you trailed off, immediately thinking of them. Where were they?

"Um, Steven? Do you happen to know anything about a rebellious team titled with the name "The Crystal Gems"? You seem to know something about gems in spite of being a human..," you questioned, pushing yourself off of the boulder and standing in front of the small boy.

His eyes widened and he nodded vigorously, his lips tugging into a broad smile. You sighed in relief and asked where they were.

"They're in that temple! I'm a Crystal Gem! Why do want to know about the Crystal Gems?" he asked, raising a single eyebrow. You stared at him with wide eyes. The gems let a human on the team?! You couldn't believe it!

But then you realized; Garnet may be in that temple! You gasped and hurried towards the temple with the chubby human following. You shoved the door open and your mouth gaped open at the sight. It was her! It was Garnet!

"Garnet!" you shouted, running towards her. She picked you up and twirled you around. You looked up at her and saw her taking her visors off, wiping tears from her three eyes. You'd barely ever seen her cry before!

"(Y-Y/N)! It's really you..!" she exclaimed, running her hands through your (H/L), (H/C) hair. She then pulled you closer to her once again.

Steven was staring at the both of you looking completely lost. Garnet noticed him and smiled. He smiled back.

"Steven, this is (Y/N). They are my child-- well, not exactly, gems cannot have children without giving up their physical form. I pretty much adopted them," the tall gem explained, smiling down at you.

Steven gasped with stars in his eyes and awed. His hands pressed against his cheeks and squished them.

"O. M. G! I didn't know you had a child, Garnet! That's so cuuuute!" the boy cooed, hopping from foot to foot excitedly. Garnet chuckled and squeezed you tighter.

Suddenly, Amethyst's door opened and there stood the purple gem with a candy bar in her hand. When she noticed you she dropped the bar and her mouth gaped open.

"Ame!" you shouted, scurrying over to her and throwing your arms around her neck. You nuzzled your face in her long, pale locks of hair. You knew that that was strange since Amethyst had very short hair when you first met her, but you dismissed it.

"(Y-Y/N)! I missed you so much!" Amethyst began to cry, too. That was the strangest thing you'd seen that day. You'd never seen the purple gem cry before.

"Where's Rose?! And Pearl?!" you asked, pulling away from her and staring into her eyes. Her face drooped and you knew that something wasn't right.

"A-Amethyst..?" you whispered, retracting your hands from her shoulder. She rubbed her arm and frowned.

"(Y/N), Rose is- um, she's kinda... gone?" the gem explained, turning her head away. Your face fell and you looked at your feet. Rose? Gone? She was like your second-- well, more like 4th, counting Ruby and Sapphire-- mother.

"But, she left so she could make Steven! She's still here with us, just not physically... Steven has the Rose Quartz gem," Amethyst spoke, slightly smiling. Your expression didn't brighten. You didn't know Steven at all. How could he replace Rose? He was a human! A hybrid! It did make sense in a way, Rose loved humans.

"So, Pearl's still here, right?!" you asked hopefully. You couldn't lose Pearl, too! She was annoying at times but you did love her! Amethyst nodded and you sighed in relief, "Where is she?! I need to see her!"

And, amusingly, Pearl's door opened. She started to get onto Amethyst about putting trash in her room, but stopped mid-sentence when she spotted you.

"Oh my stars! (Y/N)?!" the gem gasped. She immediately wrapped her arms around you and cried into your shoulder, "I- I've missed you terribly!"

The gems told you all that happened without you. It included Ruby and Sapphire unfusing for weeks at a time when you first disappeared because they couldn't stay stable. That broke your heart.

You told them why you disappeared. A team of Homeworld gems arrived on Earth. They attempted to take you and poofed you. A gem who was with them didn't think it was right and bubbled you instead of letting them take you. You ended up in Beach City, and you didn't know how. Maybe it was destiny.

"(Y/N), I think about you everyday, even if you have been gone for so many long years. I never saw a future where you returned, but I'm glad you did," Garnet said as you sat in her lap. She hugged you and smiled.

"I'm glad I did, too," you whispered, smiling at the tall gem and the all of the other ones, too.

---

Heyyyy! Wazzuuup?! The idea for this one-shot was inspired by multiple books. I really liked this idea, though, so I made my own.

I JUST GOT 400 READS!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡