Chapter Sixty-Five (!)

Liam/Niall

"You're here."

Liam couldn't keep the words from spilling out, smiling stupidly even as he pulled away from Niall, taking a second to take in Niall in all his glory, reacquainting himself with the pattern of freckles scattered along his jaw and neck, the dark shadows under his eyes and the slight curls of hair at the nape of his neck where it had grown too long and needed a trim. He leant in to kiss Niall again, his fingers tangling through the back of Niall's hair, his smile growing even wider as Niall pulled him just that little bit closer, murmuring, "I'm here."

"You're here," Liam repeated, letting his fingers wander over the freckles that were hidden just below the collar of Niall's t-shirt, not needing to see them to know that they were there and catching Niall's fingers when he reached up to brush Liam's hand away, the smile on his face matching the one forming on Niall's perfectly as he said, "I really fucking missed you."

"I really fucking missed you too." Reaching up, Niall ran his fingers through the back of Liam's hair, leaning in to kiss him and gasping slightly as Liam took the opportunity to walk them down the hall, clinging on to Liam and grinning as Liam slipped his fingers through the belt loops on his jeans, keeping him close and still leading him down the hallway.

They were halfway through the door into Liam's room when he stopped, looking at Niall with something that could only be described as wonder, one hand reaching up to cradle his face as he leant in, kissing Niall a little more desperately, closing the door behind them and pushing Niall up against it, the hand that was wrapped around his waist snaking inside his jeans, making Niall arch his back and lean closer into Liam.

Liam gave Niall another grin, about to say something but forgetting what when Niall reached down and undid the buttons on his jeans, leaving Liam scrambling to find the words, eventually leaning in and kissing Niall again before he dropped to his knees and began to work on Niall's own jeans, looking up and silently asking if he was sure, if he really wanted to, if he wanted it as much as Liam did, waiting until Niall nodded to slip the denim down past his thighs.

Eventually, Niall's trousers were discarded on the floor with his t-shirt, Liam's clothes alongside them, and he was stretched out along Liam's insanely comfortable bed, grinning up at Liam and kissing him, his fingers roaming over Liam's back, tracing over his tattoos, the positions and likeness he had committed to memory, a high-pitched keening sound escaping him as Liam bit down on his lower lip, the long, slow strokes of his hand bringing Niall back down to earth and ever closer to the edge of his climax.

Niall could feel how achingly hard Liam was against his hip and that only brought him closer, and it wasn't long before he came, gasping and hiding his face against Liam's chest, making soft noises even as Liam leant in and kissed him, holding himself above Niall and making Niall reach up for him, the teasing smile on his face softening as Niall ran his fingers along the tattoos that stretched along his forearm, circling the one he'd never admitted to liking the most, not in so many words, but Liam could tell all the same, running his fingers over the 'I figured it out,' and pulling Liam in for another, more desperate kiss.

Liam tore himself away from Niall momentarily, scrabbling around in the bedside table and coming up empty, shrugging somewhat apologetically as he turned and fumbled through the overnight bag discarded in the wardrobe, cursing under his breath as he unearthed lube but no condoms. He opened his mouth to say something only for Niall to silence him, shaking his head and reaching out for Liam before kissing him, taking the lube from Liam's hand as he struggled to string his thoughts together. "Fuck it. I...I- Missed you. Want you."

"Fuck it?" Liam smiled slowly, leading Niall back to bed and pushing him back against the pillows, the thought, the realisation that it was three am ringing a vague, distant bell before he shoved the thought away and turned back to the gorgeous, naked boy in his bed and asked again. "Fuck it?"

Niall simply nodded, doing his best to ignore the voice in his bed that pointed out they were heading down a dangerous road and placating it by promising to hunt down a pharmacy or doctors or anything tomorrow, pointing out that the chances of...anything were so very slim and, and so his brain should shut up, relaxing as Liam traced along his collarbones, leaving behind a trail of marks that would undoubtedly bruise but in that moment Niall didn't care.

He clung to Liam desperately, unable to swallow the gasps and half-formed words that escaped as Liam slowly eased a finger into him, stretching him open, his nose scrunching ever so slightly out of discomfort that he stopped noticing as Liam pressed a kiss underneath his jaw, murmuring nonsense in return and reaching for the bottle of lube before he added a second finger and then a third, crooking his fingers until he found the exact spot that made Niall shudder, pushing back against Liam's fingers and arching his back, the little keening sound that forced its way past his lips making Liam groan.

Niall eventually regained control over his ability to form coherent sentences and reached up, chasing Liam's mouth, nodding as Liam started to ask the question he always asked, asking if Niall was sure, if he was certain, if he wanted to, the word yes written all over his face as Liam ran a hand across his cheek, using the gesture to distract Niall from the brief moment of discomfort as he slowly eased into him, the low moan that escaped him barely disguising the, "fuck," that Niall gasped out.

After pulling out and gently easing back in a few times, Liam increased their pace, gasping a little as Niall arched his back, reaching out for Liam as he begged, "Li...please. Please...fuck."

Liam nodded, swearing as Niall raised his hips and pushed back against him, leaning in and kissing Niall desperately, each moment bringing him closer to his climax. Niall came first, with one of Liam's hands wrapped around his cock, shuddering and making soft noises, the clenching of his muscles as he came pushing Liam over the edge also.

It took them both a moment to catch their breath, a slow smile spreading over Niall's face as he looked over at Liam and pulled him into a kiss, a long lingering kiss that left Liam smiling too, wrapping an arm around Niall as he curled into Liam, holding onto him, prompting Liam to press a kiss to cheek, jawline, neck before he said, "I've got you, Niall. It's okay. I've got you, I'm here. Always."

"Always." Niall managed to echo, the 'I love you' that fell out of his mouth afterwards conveying everything he wanted to say and more, all the little things they hadn't said over the phone, every time Niall had woken up and turned to face Liam, only to find his side of the bed empty, all the times he'd wanted to tell Liam that, say those stupid little words to him, but hadn't dared, the distance between them making him nervous and hold back, made him keep the words he used to give away so freely close to his chest.

He said them, though, murmured them into Liam's chest, and it took everything he had not to grin stupidly as Liam said them back, pressing kisses along Niall's neck and jaw, making him huff out a giggle. Returning Niall's laughter, Liam couldn't help but smile, hiding his face in Niall's neck, and running his fingers along Niall's back, kissing Niall softly before he murmured the three little words again. "I love you." 

______________________________

I'm back and it's not quite Tuesday. 

Hurrah. 

I did say last chapter that there would be some smut so here we are. Actual plot will resume next chapter so if you didn't actually read this chapter, it's no problem. 

Sorry it took so long, but I did warn you guys that I'd be busy so this time you can't blame my ever-increasingly alarming oreo addiction. France is miserable in February, by the way. It rained and rained and rained so much it was warmer in England. 

That's enough about me...

Thoughts on the chapter?