NaNo Part 8

Maria turned and placed the shawl over her head to hide herself from other people. She quickly turned to Balthendis and said, "I am ready."

Balthendis nodded and then walked to the door. The Judge who was dressed as the princess raised a hand and then let it fall to her side in silent resignation. She nodded her head and then sat where Maria had been sitting only a moment before. As she sat there, she folded her hands on the table and then nodded her head. Maria looked at the two Judges who were left in the room and then took hold of Balthendis' arm. Balthendis looked at Rania and then nodded his head as well. To Rania, it seemed like there was a lot of agreeing going on without anyone saying anything.

Balthendis spoke, "We must make sure that no one sees us as we walk out. To do that, we must make sure that we take the back routes." Rania nodded her head in mute acceptance. They quickly walked towards the door and Osters nodded his head.

"Do not worry; I will make sure that the paperwork vanishes. No one will be able to find what had happened until days have passed. It is the only thing that I can do. The other Judges will make sure that no one is going to find the paperwork either. They will also make sure that no one asks too many questions. Hopefully Gixanna is already at the Iferitus. Once you get there, the ship has instructions that her honor Gixanna is now the new commander of the ship. They have instructions not to bother the passengers and we have also had new papers made for the princess. They will also make sure that no one knows that way no one will be able to find her. She has not left the Cloisters. The real princess is here in seclusion as she has been for years. No one will think that she has left at all. Safe journeys and also be careful."

Balthendis nodded his head. "Osters, you have done well. No one will see us. I will use the Pathways. That would make sure that no one will see us at all."

Maria looked to Osters and he waved his hand. "I will say it again. Be careful."

Maria gripped Balthendis' arm tighter. "We need to go now."

Rania nodded her head. "I'm ready. I can always make sure that I have everything I need when I get to Mangaria."

Balthendis chuckled. "I have made sure that you will be provided for and there is money on the ship."

Rania looked at the judge and then said, "Your honor has anticipated this?"

Balthendis allowed for a thin and reedy smile. "I anticipate everything."

Rania felt a little afraid, but she knew that this was the only way to make sure that this woman was allowed out of the Cloisters. She took a deep breath and then nodded her head. "I am ready."

Balthendis nodded his head and then walked out of the room with the princess. They made a turn to the left rather than to the right. The right was where they had come from rather than to the left. As they walked down the dimly lit corridors they walked in total silence. Rania continued to follow two people. As they continued on, they soon made it to a dead end. The brick wall in front of them stopped them from moving forwards. Rania frowned and she looked at the wall as if to say something, but the old Judge quickly walked to the wall and allowed his hands to fly over the whole of the brick wall. There was a moment of nothingness and then the bricks slowly slid aside to reveal a small passageway.

"The Pathways. They are secret ways through the Cloister that was made when the Judge Vate had an assignation down here. It was his way to walk around the whole of the Cloisters without anyone seeing him. The Pathways actually make a way all the way to the air fields. We will be able to get to the Iferitus without anyone knowing." Rania nodded her head and then followed behind the princess and the Judge. They walked through twisted corridors and squeezed through small rooms as they continued on. Rania soon lost track of time until they made it to a rather large wooden door. Balthendis paused and then looked back at the two women in his charge. He nodded his head and then pushed the door open. The wall that they stepped out of slid open silently and Maria saw the air port.

The airport was huge. There were hundreds of airships all over the place that were amazing to look at. There was nothing but awe and wonder over what she saw.