NaNo Part 4

Rania looked at what was held in the room and almost threw up. Her head spun for a moment at the image that she was seeing and she knew that someone had walked into the Cloisters and had thrown a spell so vicious at a Judge, that they had killed her on the spot. The spell had not been haphazard at all. Judge Osters went to inspect the walls. He scrutinized them very carefully before he said, "It appears that the spell was centered on our late Judge Auralith."

Gixanna made a face. "What it really appears is that we won't be getting a confession out of the late Judge Auralith from her own lips. She had to have been

Judge Gixanna frowned as she looked around the room. Rania was sure that the woman could peel paint off of the walls if she stared at it too long. At that moment, there was nothing else that Rania was worried about more than Judge Gixanna would explode over everything that was going on. Judge Osters continued to look around the whole of the room, inspecting all of the walls very carefully, giving each icicle and each bit of what appeared to be hoarfrost all over the room. Rania was sure that the Judge was looking for something that made the whole room appear as if it was a rather large crime scene. Although from Rania's quick estimation of the situation, it really was a crime scene. One of the Judges had been murdered.

"This is totally a truly large and complex spell. The spell itself seems to have started from right in front of the Judge." Osters has stopped in front of the frozen Judge to make this estimation. As he did so, he frowned and then poked at the rather large Ice covered statue that now took center stage of the room. There was something about that, and Rania felt as if Osters was a little uncaring about seeing one of his own. Balthendis stepped forwards and took a rather long look at the statue that was in the middle of the room. He frowned at it.

Placing a single finger up to his mouth almost as if to cover it, he said, "I think that this spell is entirely too complex. It was made specifically to catch whatever Judge was down here. I think it was just unfortunate that Judge Auralith happened to be down here when the spell was tripped." He paused and then looked at Judge Drake. "Only one place could have allowed something like this to happen. The only people who could have been behind this are the Consulate of Magic. They are the only ones who are capable of doing something like this."

Drake frowned and then shook his head. "This is not going to be very good. We have to inform the Council, and then on top of that, we are going to have to inform the King."

The resultant silence was enough to make Rania rather nervous. There was a moment where Rania was sure that one of the Judges would explode in sheer frustration. She made a mental note that she was not going to be responsible for what ever actually happened in the room next and was very surprised when Judge Maledi spoke.

"We have to inform all of them, but we also have to inform the High Judge Magister General. When we do inform him however, we should have something that we want to tell him; a bit of information that we want to share to show that we are on top of this situation that we now find ourselves in."

Rania clutched her clipboard even tighter, using both hands now, rather than pressing it against her body. As she did so, she saw both Judge Drake and Judge Osters nod their head in agreement, even if it was rather reluctant. Rania was surprised that all three of them were agreeing with this, but how Maledi was planning on how to go about it, she was not sure. She didn't want to end up caught up in the crossfire of something that she knew could not be fixed.There was a moment of silence again and Judge Balthendis spoke again.

"We should send our own coterie to the Consulate in Mangaria. Once there, they should be able to tell us if what we saw actually happened or if something didn't. If we do, then we can determine who the guilty party is. Though in a side note, I think we should also find a new Judge Captain for poor Judge Auralith's airship as well."