NaNo Part 6

After listening to Gixanna's threat and then realizing that the Judge was actually speaking the truth, Rania nodded her head. Judge Osters grabbed the Judiciate and then said, "Pardon us. I must have a conversation with this Judiciate."

Osters and the rather nervous Judiciate walked out into the hallway and then left. The remaining Judges including Rania then left the room and began to walk towards another part of the Cloisters, all of them following Judge Balthendis. As the elder Judge walked them through several hallways, Rania was a more than a little afraid of what was going on. There was something about the hallways that made Rania feel a little frightened. She continued to look around the hall ways and began noticing small things about the hallways that they were walking through were a little dusty. The dustiness was perhaps a commentary on how little these hallways were used. The halls most likely never saw anyone walk through here except when absolutely necessary. There were some places within the Cloister that was simply too dark and some of the small areas where they would keep people were just so disused, that Rania never expected them to be used again.

The sconces that were in the hallways were also rather disused. The only light that seemed to permeate the red adorned halls were from large globes of light that hung from the ceiling. The large globes were so dimly lit that there was barely enough light to even see that they were in another place in the Cloisters all together. The hallways began to get smaller and smaller even though they were able to barely walking though the whole hallway in a single file. Soon, they arrived at a small door that was covered in nothing but iron.

As they reached the door, they saw a large lock on the door that was needlessly complex. As they reached it, Gixanna looked at it and then whistled out loud. "Are you serious? It has four key locks on it?"

Drake crossed his arms and then nodded. "It indeed needed that many. After all, it is the Seer that we are dealing with."

Rania looked at the door and then inspected from where she was standing. She couldn't inspect it very well, but it looked like there wasn't a need for four separate keys. However, what she couldn't understand was how they got everything to the prisoner. As she was about to ask about it, Drake spoke first. "How do you expect us to get inside?"

Balthendis frowned and then shrugged and then slammed a gauntlet against the lock that was on the door. There was a sound of metal squealing and Balthendis struck the lock two more times before the metal finally gave way to his hands. As the lock crumbled to the floor, Balthendis made a sly smile. "I guess that is the answer for the lock. Now go inside; all of us shall go to see the Seer."

Rania finally spoke up. "Why do they call her the Seer?"

Gixanna, in an almost childish way, giggled out loud. "Oh dear, that's right, you will see what they are talking about. It's quite a sight."

Drake shook his head. "I promise that there is nothing at all to be scared about clerk major, but I will say this instead; be very careful of what you say around her."

Rania frowned and then said, "What do you mean?"

"I mean just be careful about what you say."

Rania looked at some the other Judges and Gixanna just hid her smile behind her hand.

Balthendis pushed the door open and then walked into the room. Judges Maledi, Drake, and Gixanna all walked through the door. Rania paused for a moment and then shivered before she ran a hand through her own hair to check it. She realized how out of character that was, but she was about to meet royalty. Albeit it was murderous royalty, but there was a small bit of wanting to make sure that your first impression would be amazing.

She stopped messing with her hair and then flattened her uniform out, trying to smooth out the wrinkles. She shook her head and then walked into the room. As she did, she looked around her and realized that the room was set up in a tasteful manner. The walls were neatly carved from stone, and the floors were actually laid out with wood, and they were also laid out with sumptuous carpets that were all leading to a rather large fireplace. The fireplace was stacked with wood and was burning cheerfully. Rania felt as if she was supposed to be a little worried, but she could not help but allow her eyes to be drawn towards a large settee that was near it. Along the other wall was a large bed. The whole room was large, but it fit all the amenities of living in the Cloister.