Day Twenty-Two: Ten Best Things About Your Story

22: Ten best things about your story.

RECOLLECTION OF QUESTIONABLE EVENTS:

1.  We all know it isn’t a party, unless one person gets arrested. Conclusion…this story is one huge bash.

2. The main character (Araceli) inadvertently gets herself involved in some spy shit and that’s always fun.

3. Araceli’s family is child-like and pretty weird. They will make your own family seem normal in comparison, and essentially make you feel better about yourself (yay).

4. Garbage.

5. Riggs, a cranky and confused cop. Clearly these types of people are perfect to make fun off, and you will enjoy laughing at his expense (probably).

6. Crazy adventures through a treacherous city that seem completely made-up, which in fact are mostly true. Having guessing that one.

7. Basura.

8. A crazy, bald neighbor. Everyone loves these characters, right? Well, this one stalks Araceli for the weekend with some hidden agenda. Oh and he’s not really her neighbor.

9. Monica. She’s a different type of crazy (not the evil crazy, just the ‘not all there’ type).

10. Did I mention the garbage?

CON ARTIST LEGACY:

1. Olivia. She’s one of my favorite characters. She is combination super-spy, and blundering sleuth (It makes sense, and this works for her).

2. Olivia’s conversations with just about anyone.  She doesn’t always think first, and tends to be sarcastic. I think her approach changes depending on the person, but you can always count on her being sassy.

3. Treasure. This story has freaking treasure, and I bet none of you know where it’s at.

4. The grandmother. She can see the future, and knows what you’re up to right now…so stop it. She also has Harriet (the bearded lady) and Bubba (the midget) as body guards, and she isn’t afraid to use them. You’ve been warned.

5. Olivia and Nate. I’ve mentioned the dialogue, but I think these two have a relationship that I didn’t plan for. In my outline there was no romance between these two, and as I re-read my story on WP….I can see they’re trying to change my mind.

6. Olivia and Matthews. This was my planned ‘pair’, and I’ll tell you why I love them. Matthews is not afraid of her…he will dish it back. He can be protective, but he will not ‘baby’ Olivia like Nate. These two also live dangerously close to the line (of the law), and can understand each other. I think they’re fun to write about.

7. Lots of mysteries in one book. First there’s the original heist 50+ years ago; who stole the ‘black lilac’ and where is the necklace now? Then there’s the mystery of Carlo’s murder 25+ years ago…and finally who’s following Olivia around now? Was it Matthews or is someone else trying to find the treasure again?

8. Elena. She’s bubbly and cute…and she seems to be the favorite among a lot of readers. She’s also kind of based on my baby sister, who is also my favorite sister (the fact that I only have one doesn’t matter).

9. Olivia and her grandfather. Her grandfather was obsessed with spy movies, and designed/build his own house with secret passages and rooms. He also taught Olivia all sorts of cool things. I drew a plan of the house, and will post it later.

10. The way I planned this book out, each chapter serves a purpose. Even if it seems like filler…there’s a clue there.

VEERAN:

1. Pau. She’s a different type of M.C. for me. She can actually back up her sassy words, which means there will be more fighting scenes.

2. The Gooman; black, gooey and tar-like creatures of awesomeness (they might be evil).

3. Conspiracies. This story has them, and I love it. There’s VAL (army directed by King to fight the Gooman and other threats), The Resistance (Unnamed army trying to dethrone a crazy king…to free their people), and yet another group trying to kill the king for more ruthless purposes.

4. Everyone in this story (except Callum) has ulterior motives or has some type of secret.

5. Veeran. The planet is awesome: giant trees rising over 100 feet. Cities created by tree-house structures, connected by floating hallways and ladders. A dark underground, where hollowed trees serve for shelter for secret stuff.

6. My sister is writing a book that occurs over the same time as mine, just in another planet (earth). She won’t be posting until it is all done though.

7. This book will have a lot more action that I am use too (cause they’re in a war)…but I look forward to the challenge.

8. Not Nanny, Not Paigey and Not Lady will make special appearances in this book. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about….Shhhh, forget I mentioned it.

9. Pau and Callum. It seems I have a thing with best-friends (maybe) falling in love, which is weird because I’ve never had a male best friend. Anyway, these two are friends and I haven’t decided how this will end yet. But they’re cute together.

10.  Oh yeah, my main character is a cat.