Day One: Name

1: Name of current project and back-story of name.

RECOLLECTION OF QUESTIONABLE EVENTS:

This started out as a short-story based on all the crazy things that have happened to me or someone in my family. In certain cases…the situations were pretty sketchy, which is how ‘questionable events’ came into the title. As I developed the story and tried to tie all the events together, I decided that it would work best as a memoir or retelling of a story, hence ‘recollection’.

CON ARTIST LEGACY:

This is a story that I’ve been working on for a very long time, but coming up with a title was difficult. I really wanted something that would hint at the genre, so I made a list of words that I thought fit (and then looked up all their synonyms). I picked words like thief, jewels, mystery…and played around making titles.

I settled on Con Artist Legacy, because it not only indicates a long history of thieving, but it implies that it will continue (in some way). Basically my story is about some incorrigible thieves.

VEERAN:

This is my newest story, and it’s also my first stab at fantasy/adventure!

So when I first started writing CAL, my sister wanted to write her own story, and I helped her come up with a concept (including four made-up planets).

My story is a spin-off of those ideas. I actually decided to pick one of our 'planets' to experiment writing fantasy, and I chose Veeran…a very green and luscious planet.

Green in Spanish is verde, which is clearly a short jump to Veeran. How? I’m not sure, but we didn’t want to name the jungle planet, verde. That'd just be weird.