After The Lair: Debunked

hello and welcome to After The Lair: Debunked. this is a section where i will explain some stuff, answer questions, and keep my sentences without capital letters cause i'm writing on my phone and i'm too lazy to turn capitalization back on. annnnyyyywwwaaayyyyy let's get this started.

let's start at the most often asked question, possibly the funniest, and my personal favorite addition to the story.

the infamous croissant.

why, did you ask, did Raoul just so happen to have this? well, several reasons. one, i was effing starving when i wrote that chapter. two, i can honestly say that i have carried full blown food in my pockets, and sometimes i forget people aren't as crazy as me. three, maybe Raoul was coming from breakfast. you don't know. don't judge. he's just hungry. he's relatable. it's just my thing.

this next topic is also freaking hilarious to me, because it just shows me how some people cant see the absolute sarcasm i bathe in.

in one of my books, i admit i can't remember which, i said something along the lines of "you'll have to build a theme park to get there."

i'm willing to bet that that comment is one of the most popular things i've ever said in my book.

so, why did i say it? because it's supposed to be funny, and i guess i'm not. i tried to make it a joke, and i've actually gotten people coming up to me asking why i said that. like??? humor??

ask bella, it's one of my favorite things about this series.

speaking of asking bella and my favorite things, let's take a moment to talk about potatoes.

so, since this whole series is technically reconstructed, some of you newer readers (who i love and adore, by the way.) didn't get to read the absolute trash that was the first draft.

in the last book, the final tragedy was that Raoul turned on Christine and tried to take her back. Lyric, which is Christine and Erik's kid in case you didn't read, [and if you didn't read, please go home. or go start at the beginning. please.] sees it all go down and goes to tell Erik about the bad man who's kissing Mommy.

Erik abandons the meal he's making and runs to his room. several minutes later, nadir shouts that the potatoes are burning, to which erik so gracefully responds,

"BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THE POTATOES YOU BASTARD."

classy, i know.

the question then arises, how the actual heck did that line even come to be invented.

this is a handy dandy diddly darn story.

well, i was at a sleepover and i apparently shouted it in my sleep. that's how. and so i had to incorporate it somehow, and it then became one of my catch phrases and a huge inside joke with my readers and best friend.

onto the next topic then, why did christine just up and leave after her first pregnancy?

this is a bit more technical, and it mostly includes a large lack of explaining by yours truly.

erik did not want to have kids initially, and he continued to not want kids until he held Lyric. he was scared that he would end up like his parents, and he was worried that any of his children would end up like him. since Christine was still very young when Lyric was brought into the picture, she was still nervous and unstable. she ran because she was scared of how erik would react. she thought he would throw her out, or make her get rid of the child, which of course he couldn't and wouldn't, but she was so blinded by fear that her sense of judgement was skewed.

next question: why do i keep bringing Landon back?

mwahahaha. i'm such a bad person, but Landon is what makes me so. *laughs at my own reference even though it barely counts* anyway, Landon. my beloved terrible baby.

originally, he was someone that was mentioned once and shoved away into the corner. or closet. no one knows. when i went to reread right before i reconstructed, i realized the potential that he held. after all, everyone hates him. i mean, like, EVERYONE. i haven't met or heard of a single person that likes landon. besides landon.

the reason i keep tying him in is because of his significance in the end of the series, which is coming soon in The Final Threshold.

speaking of irrelevant people, why did i bring Carlotta back for .7 seconds in the wedding chapter?

well, i've honestly always thought that carlotta is freaking hilarious. i needed to redeem her, and i couldn't keep writing without addressing her in good conscience.

i've talked a lot about the reconstructing of my books, and so i figured i would answer why.

honestly, it's super simple. i didn't like it. my books had so much more potential than i had originally had in there, so i really wanted to redo it. so, there you go my friends.

let's talk about why erik has killed himself. again. :).

so, erik killed himself this time because he needed to be completely cleared of all charges, and erik's a smart man, [he'll be fine] and he knows that there is no freaking way he's going to be cleared of all charges in life, so DEATH. but not real death because family. woohoo. 

speaking of erik, how did he remove his deformity?

actually, this was the whole reason after the lair was written. more on that part later. erik went to the doctors, and they preformed a routine plastic surgery, which as you know, was totally common back then. absolutely. k, i can hear you judging. shut up and let me live.

"what the fuck just happened. what the fuck have you done to me."

ha, boy, idk man. sorry, though.

speaking of what have i done, my updating schedule. just so you know, i have no excuse. that's my problem. i'm just lazy af. sorry. expect i'm not. oh well.

okay next question. what spawned after the lair?

well, i saw this picture of Ramin and Sierra in wedding apparel, and it got me thinking about what would happen if Erik removed his deformity.

here, lemme find the picture.

SEE LOOK S'CUTE [ ALSO IM CALLING OUT PINTREST FOR CRAPPY QUALITY

SEE LOOK S'CUTE [ ALSO IM CALLING OUT PINTREST FOR CRAPPY QUALITY. RUDE. ]

anyway, that's what created this crazy world i lived in. and you too, which is so fun for me.

thank you guys so so much for reading this and comment any more questions that you have about my crazy series.

thank you all for living with my caffeine induced chapter!!

with love,
presley