The Phantom of the Opera

|| Christine Daae ||

I ran to the carriage before I let the tears fall. I buried my head into Raoul's shoulder, and he pulled me on his lap and rocked me back and forth ever so slightly against the harsh moving of the carriage.

He started humming a lullaby and I felt my eyes droop, but my stomach growled. I hadn't eaten for a long time, and I think he knew that.

"Lotte, I have a croissant if you would like it, unfortunately I don't have any strawberry jam or butter, and I know that's how you like it," Raoul rambled, looking down at my hair. I reached up and kissed his cheeks in the most nonromantic way possible.

He pulled out the croissant and I devoured it. Raoul started laughing. I gave him a look that said "I'm asking what you're laughing about because there is food in my mouth and I can't speak, so I'll give you an almost death glare."

"You've always eaten like a boy," he comment after he stopped laughing. I snorted. The croissant was long gone and so was the growling of my stomach.

"Chrissy, are you sure, are you absolutely sure you want to go back with him? I'm not stealing you away for romantical purposes, but if he's going to act like the Phantom, I will not hesitate to take you with me when I go back home."

"Raoul, I am completely utterly sure that Erik is going to come to his senses soon, and I want to be there when he does," I said, confidently, but on the inside I cowered like a five year old at the thought of his yelling again.

Plus, he had rejected me.

In m mind, something had clicked. I knew that he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. He was amazing and wonderful. Erik was my night, and I could be his day.

But it didn't matter now! Were we over before we had even started? What the hell, I even saved him from DROWNING himself. He would be dead if it weren't for me.

"I'm staying," I said finally. Raoul nodded, and started to talk about something. I wasn't listening though.

The carriage came to a halt in front of Raoul's home. I turned around to look through, trying to see Erik's face.

He an I made eye contact, and i saw him frown and shake his head.

Fine, I thought.

The Opera Ghost wanted to fight?

Let the games begin.