Three

I smoothed my skirt. I patted down my hair. I wiped some the drops of sweat from my forhead. I took in deep breathes.

"So, you were a temp for five year's, Miss Morton?"

I nodded at the nice looking man. His back sat upright, and his fine dark brown hair smoothly slicked back down his head, with a little lump at the top. It reminded me of how those White guys wore their hair back in the eighties. His suit covered up what seemed to be a few tattoos on his hand and arm, and obviously a dragon goin' up his neck. His light blue eyes spotted my papers. He took a look at those papers and back at me. "How was your experience there at WAR Corp?"

WAR Corp? The fuck type of company is that? I took in breath before answering, "yes, it was an amazing experience. They treated me like a family there."

He nodded, and started reading more of that stuff on that paper that read my entire fake ass career. I swallowed and kept a bold look on my face. I ain't wanna seem nervous. He nodded, and adjusted his thick framed glasses on the bridge of his bumpy nose. His thin light pinkish lips pursed, before he took another glance at me. "That will be all. Thank you so much for your time."

Wait, huh? That's it? It had only been ten minutes.

"That's it? You sure, sir?" I asked, as he paged the woman at the desk. "Susan, please bring in the next applicant, thank you." He turned back to me and aired out his suit. "Yes, I am sorry for the short timing. We have so many applicants waiting, and we're cut on time."

I nodded. I guess. I wish I would have worked a little less on this damn outfit, then. I respectively rose from my seat, and headed for the exit. A large and bold exit sign sat above his door, which I had found odd. Usually they had them in the hallways, but this one was in his own room. "Thank you, Mr. Greene. I appreciate your-"

"No problem, Miss um... Miss..." He hesitated for my name... Figures. I turned to correct him, and I found him gettin' a lil' lost in my ASSets... He was lookin' at it like he ain't seen nothin' like it before. I smirked, and let him have his little moment. "Um, Mister Greene?" I spoke up, after several long minutes.

He lifted his head immediately, and a brush of red filled his pale cheeks. "Ah, yes. Miss Morton. Thank you so much for your time, again." So, he didn't forget my name after all... He shook my hand, and I was out. I walked through the glassy lookin' office, and observed the people around here. Ain't none of 'em look like me. All I saw was Lucys, Jennys and Megans. No one seemed to be payin' me any mind, though. They were so hung up in their high tech computers and assignments that this outside world wasn't even interesting to them.

I clicked and clacked down the hallway, and quickly snatched out a little wedgie that I was having half the day. This booty couldn't fit this tight ass skirt, I'm tellin' you. I walked through the corridor of which I came in from and I took a seat by the other applicants who still had yet to go. Spike grinned as I took my seat across from him. I adjusted myself next to this White woman to my right, who was reading her Nook tablet.

"How'd it go?" He openly asked me from a far.

I nodded. "Short. But, nice."

"Kinda like your skirt?" He smirked. I dropped my mouth. He started chuckling to himself as I smoothed down the skirt again. "It ain't short!" I mouthed, rollin' my eyes at him. A small grin pressed onto my face.

"He ain't sweat you, did he?"

"No, he seemed interested."

"Good." He nodded. He sat back and pressed the collar to his swede suit. Spike was lookin' to sexy in that suit. All that chocolate in one formal? A sista couldn't manage.