Two

"In conclusion, these are my ethical proposals to this newly found project in NAOF." With one click of a button, my ten minute slide show had come to an end. The business men I worked hard to impress stood to there feet and clapped. Each and every one I saw applauding, as my eyes hovered around the table.

"That's a brilliant idea, Edward!" Mr. Winsome's hand had patted me on my back. I grinned and nodded. "Thanks, Winsome, sir."

"Combining the five motives to change? Who would have thought of that? I love it!"

"Great job, son."

"Thank you," I said. "Thank you all."

"Looks like you're fit for that promotion." Miss Nancy, my temp, had said as she caught up to me.

"Of course. Who else would be perfect for the job?"

"I heard Lisa's been busting her ass off,"

"Well if anyone's got bruises on their ass it would be me." I chuckled. "Lisa started off as a temp anyways. There's no way that she could have bopped to the top in just two years. I've been here for years."

Despite Nancy being a temp herself, she was the only temp that I associated with. To earn respect in this company, you have to earn it. You earn this respect, everyone knew that you needed to have been hear for a certain amount of years. Newbie's here are just newbies. Winsome knew damn well not to give up a spot to a feminist temp. Come on, now.

"That's believable." She clicked her blue-tooth attached to her ear under a blonde hair. "Yes, Miss Nancy speaking? Yes? Yes... He is right here. Yes, sir. Will do. He will be on his way." Nancy pressed her ear piece once more. "Winsome wants to talk to you in his office." I grinned. Of course he did. Probably to throw more praise on me. "No problem. Thanks, Nancy."

"Mhm." With just one turn down the main hallway, I was on my way to Winsome's office.

"What's up, sir?"

"Greene, Greene, Greene, Greene. The man of the organic plan." He greeted me with a handshake, dispite the fact the we were just shaking hands in the meeting room. That was something country hearted folk couldn't quite understand about the business life.

"You're a brilliant man, good sir." He actually called me sir. This was a miracle day, I tell you.

"Thank you, Mr. Winsome."

"I mean brilliant. And I am going to continue empathizing that until I say this." He said, as he turned the page to a more serious note. "It's no secret that I've been filling retirement papers."

I nodded.

"My retirement is approaching very soon. And I've been keeping a watchful eye over this business, scoping out good candidates."

Candidates to own this place? Woah!

"But sir, what about your son?"

"Ronald? Pft!" He waved the name off like it was an unwanted dish at dinner. "That old bumb? He's thirty-two and is still living with my wife. He's not ready to own something this huge. He's been sitting on her couch day in and day out, unemployed, waiting on the day I just give this business to him. He figures that it was a quick buck."

I nodded once more.

"He wont amount to anything. And this company won't be hand delivered to him with a new paycheck. We all know that respect is earned here, also."

He was correct! I'd been here when he was first recruiting fresh employees for his launch. I was here for the third cycle. Those before me, well, let's just say that they didn't live to see this day. I was the youngest, longest lasting employee he had. As I put the pieces together, he had no other choice but to hand over the company to my hands.