Chapter 15, Reacquainted

I took calming breaths, several in fact, constantly as I sat on the bed. Prince Matthew, or Matty, that’s gonna be hard, and my family were in the room. Some talking quietly after what I told them.

Right now we needed a plan. I knew Miguel, that’s right no Prince for him now, hadn’t figured out I had put the pieces together, but it couldn’t be long till he did.

After blacking out, which by the way I'm gonna have a fit if it happens again, I woke up the morning after and told them what happened.

Matty wasn’t happy and at first he didn’t want to believe me, but then again I guess it's hard to believe something bad about someone you trust and care for. I did agree however when he said something was off, I didn’t know what, we just want to know why he killed them?

I hadn’t found out about me being what I am until the forces of nature kicked in, and by Cay claiming me in a way to reveal my mark, nobody would have known, so why kill my family?

And secondly, why take Matty? What could Miguel do to benefit from that? Was the King in this as well? Somehow, it didn’t feel like it.

My wolf kept sending an image over and over, one where I am protected, she wanted mt to finish the mating. As it stood I knew I had to talk to my wolf and figure out what comes after the second mating. I needed to know what's coming, this was not working out for me, and I was slowly loosing my patients.

I knew immediately what I needed to do. Not saying a word to anyone I got up and left the room. I doubted anyone would really notice right now anyhow because they were talking to one another. I made my way down the hall, trying to remember the tour Prince Miguel gave us. God I wanna rip that mans head off.

I passed several large doors, when I came across one that seemed to stand out. I assumed this was King Marcus study. I walked closer and was about to knock when I saw it was slightly ajar, and voices filtered through. Well being who I am I decided to have a quick listen in.

“I know he did it Jeremy. I just need to find proof” that was King Marcus, I could tell by the authority in his voice. But who was Jeremy?

“I know that girl out there has powers. She used them on me, but now I understand why. You were right. I apologize your Majesty”

“Don't worry, all is fine, I just need to figure out how to fix this. If she finds out..... I'll have no choice but to act on what he has done.”

“But her brother?..”

“I know, I just hope I have a bit more time yet” King Marcus sighed. I had an inkling on what they were talking about but at that moment, apparently my body and mouth made up what I was supposed to do.

Next think I knew I pushed open the door with saying “Well your out of time King Marcus, if your talking about Matty my brother, or should I say Prince Matthew?” My politeness was there, and in all honesty I didn’t hold a grudge. Yes I was a little pissed but not in the way they all think. I know things happen for a reason, I have accepted that and I do understand why. If this event hadn’t happened I wouldn’t be where I am now, finding out all that I have.

Both mens heads snapped to me, and then I realized who Jeremy was, he was the guy I took control of.

“Akira” King Marcus said in surprise “What bring you here?” His eyes shifted to Jeremy, and I couldn’t hold in the smirk when I turned to look at him too.

Jeremy's eyes looked like he was holding a bit of pain, and my smile broadened in my mind, one I wouldn’t show outside, but I allowed it for just me. “Gives ya a a bit of a headache don’t it, that will stick with you for a few days yet. Better take some Aspirin” His eyes narrowed slightly as I continued to walk over to the Kings desk, where he sat perched behind it.