Chapter 6, Rogues

Chapter 6, Rogues

I didn’t bother with the guys, I just walked past them to the gym. I had no idea what was going on and to be truthful, I didn’t care. I knew that with them being wolves, it enhanced their, well everything. Emotions were the biggest change, when you got mad, you didn’t just get mad you got enraged.

Cay and Gar had worked it out pretty well growing up, they learned how to control it most of the time, so I was never really worried about their changes, and they tried very hard not to expose me to the way could act, which I was grateful for. Ash on the other hand, well it just seemed that no matter what I did, or what anyone else did regarding me, he just seemed mad all the time.

I tried to ask him over the years what made him so mad but he just shrugged and said it was none of my business, that I would find out one day. Needless to say we never became close. Ash ran around this town like he owned it, and owned the women. He was a playboy through and through, even if I never heard about him doing the deed with others, it still made him one.

He was normally nice to me, so I didn’t mind so much, but I can say I did mind the women he so thoroughly went through. Several girls in my grade have in fact been played by him. It never bothered me, the only time it did was when the girls who were dumped came up to me and would cry, or ask how to get him back. I tried very hard not to be mean or rude, and mostly I succeeded but there was the odd one out. No I am not a mean person, in fact many would tell you I am very sweet, but a girl can only handle so much whining from women who can't take a hint.

Cay and Gar weren't much better, still playboys but at least they stayed with girls longer. They actually treated women with respect, and for that I loved them all the more. Cay said he only dated because he didn’t have his mate, he said though that he never slept with them. I though that was odd but I could understand in a way, he wanted to save that for the girl he would be with, his mate. I knew I didn't have a mate, I was human, but I would save it for the man I would marry, I might be hardcore but under it all I'm still just a girl, waiting for the right boy. I decided to ask Cay about this mate thing a few days ago.

“So this mate thing, whats it all about?” I asked as we laid down on my bed eating fries in ice cream, a tradition Cay made up for me the first time I hurt myself. He said 'what better way to heal then fries and ice cream?' and to be honest it's the best.

He paused with his fry to his mouth as he looked over at me, a visible gulp tightened down his throat. “Well mates are someone who is your other half, like a soul mate” he said with a far away look on his face as he continued “When you meet your mate, according to Dad, it's like fireworks. For wolves when they see their mate, they become very possessive, an instant animal instinct takes over and all you think about is her, or him depending on who you are. Normally it's the males that find the female first, and sometimes unless the male tells them they never know.” he paused as a pained look crossed his face, but it was gone rather quickly.

“What else did Daddy say about the mates?”

“Well he told me how when you mate, and mark one another with a bite, you connect on a mind link, like how we talk to you” he said looking at me as he shoved his fry down his throat, and chewed “only you are part of our family or pack I guess you could say so it was automatic when Dad accepted you. As for mates the bond is physical and emotional, you can feel what they feel, stuff like that. The physical part I am told is amazing” he shot me a sly wink, I just scoffed at him and rolled my eyes “Gar and I used to hear Mom and Dad, and let me tell you it was not pleasant” he shuddered “But I used to love to watch how if he passed her in the hall he would reach out, just to touch her, or simple kisses, simple looks. Any chance they got they touched and smiled, it was nice to see that love.”