Chapter 26- The Professor

Chapter 26

I've thought a lot about what has happened in the past few weeks. It doesn't even seem surreal, like how is this happening?

In the middle of last week, I heard that Tim had to move back home in Ohio because apparently he was 'getting into too much trouble' and I wouldn't doubt that one bit. But now I'm getting sidetracked.

So let's just go over everything that has happened the past week. Bryant lost his job, Bryant and I are dating, my dad got into an accident, Bryant and I both told each other about our past, we confessed our love for each other, and now I'm debating on whether to forgive my dad for everything that has happened.

I feel like Bryant and I should take a brake because it's been a hell of a few months, but everything has been going well.

Time has flown by and I'm just now realizing that it's almost Thanksgiving, it's on Thursday so four days from now. I've known Bryant four about four months now. I met him in the beginning of August to the end of this month which is November.

He's going to California for Thanksgiving tomorrow to see his family, he wants me to come with him so I can meet all his friends and other family, but I don't think it's such a good idea. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind and go.

I changed my college schedule for my classes so that I get them all done on Mondays, that way I'll be free for the whole week. So now counting today, every Monday I'm here at the college for seven hours.

Plus the Dean suggested it seeing how I've been skipping some of my classes because of all the stress I've been under. It's most likely for the best, starting tomorrow everyone gets off the rest of the week to go out of town cause of Thanksgiving.

Did I mention that Bryant found a new job at New York University? It's a bit further than St. John's University, but he doesn't seem to care seeing how they would hire him.

He starts after Thanksgiving break is over seeing how it's a new semester and their English Professor is retiring. Everything has been working out perfectly, it's awesome.

But one thing that has been stressing me out is my father. I've been putting off to call him because I've been afraid, what if it doesn't go like it's supposed to?

The lady called once again to inform me that he's okay and has been asking for me a lot lately. His surgery went perfectly fine surprisingly, but still even though he's fine, I'm pissed that he was drunk while he was driving. He could've actually died.

*bell rings*

I finally zone back into what's actually going on. Damn it, I really need to pay attention. I stand up, gathering up my items and walk out of the room and out of the college.

Finally I get back to my apartment, I set my bag on my coffee table, my phone falling out of it.

I look at it, realizing that it's time to make that call.