Chapter 22- The Professor

Chapter 22

Everything happened so fast. Bryant and I were just fine last night and now Bryant probably already got fired. I'm sad, I miss Bryant even though I just saw him today. I need him but he probably wants to be alone.

Fuck it. Maybe he needs someone to comfort him, but I'm probably the last person he would want to see, seeing how I got him fired.

I take a loud sigh as I get up, I open up my apartment door and walk out into the empty hallway. This is pretty sketchy because it's twelve in the morning, but if I'm doing it for Bryant, then it's damn right worth it.

What if he's not even up? I really hope he is because I need to talk and apologize with him. God, what if this is the wrong choice?

Finally, I get onto his floor and walk all the way down the hall. I look like a rats nest, I'm literally a mess. My hair is up in a messy bun, I have grey loose leggings on and the black sweatshirt Bryant had lended me a few weeks ago.

I knock on the door, I hear footsteps coming towards the door to open it. It's opens, revealing Bryant, fully wide awake. I decide to rant. "I know you probably don't want to see me, I'm probably the last person you'd want to see right now. But I wanted to see you to apologize because I'm the reason you lost your job and plus I can't go a day without seeing you because you just affect me in so many ways and-" in the middle of my ranting, Bryant interrupts me by engulfing me in a warm hug.

"Clarence you're the first person I want to see when I wake up in the morning, you're the first person I think about, and never think that I'd never want to see you because you're on my fucking mind twenty four seven." He states, holding me tighter.

My arms wrap around his neck, I snuggle my head into his neck, smelling his scent. "What are you doing to me?" I mumble.

"Huh?" He asks me, while we pull apart from each other.

"Nothing." I shake my head.

"Listen, I want to take you somewhere, will you come with me?" He asks, holding both of my hands.

"Yeah, of course." I smile.

As he locks his apartment door he walks towards the stairs as I follow behind him. He opens up the doors to the stairs and starts to walk up them.

As we walk up two flights of stairs, a door is right at the top saying 'Rooftop'. "I didn't know there was door to the rooftop up here."

He opens it up and holds his hand out, letting me out first. "I know, I just found it a couple of days ago when I couldn't sleep." He states as I walk out.

I gasp from seeing the view. I've never seen something so beautiful before in my whole life, this is one of the best things I've ever seen. You can basically look over the whole city. The bright lights, people, and all the towers really show off how beautiful this city really is.

"Beautiful, isn't?" I hear Bryant's voice besides me. "I wanted to take you up here right when I found it, but I wanted to make sure it was the right moment."

"And is this the right moment?" I ask him, still gasping from how beautiful the view is.

"Yes, because I wanted to ask you something." He says, enlacing his fingers into mine.

"What's your question?" I ask.

"Be mine?" He asks, my heart flutters.

I turn to face him. "Even after what happened today?" I ask him nervously.

"Clarence, I lost my job, I can always get a new job at some other college, that way we can be together." He states. I nervously bite my lip, thinking everything over. "Be mine, dammit."

I smile, nodding my head, I lean into kiss him on the cheek. "I've never wanted something so much more." I say as I lean back.

Finally, Bryant is mine and I'm his.