Chapter 6- The Professor

Chapter 6

It's now Friday, a few days later after Bryant and I ended with whatever we had between each other. I haven't talked to him since that night and I'm not looking forward to anyways if I'm being completely honest.

I have his class only on Mondays so at least it's only one day out of the week, but then again he lives in the same apartment building with me so basically I can see him at anytime. Whether I'm going into the building, leaving the building, or riding the elevator.

I've been searching for some jobs, like the Bar and Grill i had went to the first day I got here, not to mention, the day I met Bryant.

I had just made the cut to work there because you have to be nineteen or older in order to work there since they serve alcohol. Normally you would have to be twenty one or older but since it's also a grill, I'm able to work there.

I'll most likely just work there because it's only a few blocks down from the apartment and I'm required to work there on Sunday and Monday nights, so that works out perfectly since I don't have any classes on Sunday and I don't normally do anything on Mondays except for college.

So here I am, its around seven o'clock in the evening, drinking coffee with Grace as we catch up on each other's lives.

Apparently Grace has already met someone, he's a freshman in college as well, and he wants to see her sometime. I on the other hand, have met someone but he seems to be my college professor so unfortunately it won't work out.

"I heard that there was going to be a party tonight at one of the frat sororities." She says. "Do you want to go with me? I have nothing else to do."

I normally never go to parties, but I'm in college now. I can basically do whatever the hell i want, so why not? "Of course."

"Oh damn, Clarence is doing something entertaining for once in her life?" She says sarcastically.

Actually she's telling the truth, I never do anything fun and out of my comfort zone. So why not start now?

"Come on, you can come to where I'm staying so we can get ready." She states, standing up from the coffee table.

"Okay." I say as we start to walk off to wherever she's staying.

About thirty minutes later we finally get to Grace's house, I didn't realize how long the walk was from her house to the college. It's a long ways down the road.

We walk inside and go straight down to her bedroom, which is quite big like mine. She walks towards her closet and opens it as I fall down onto her bed.

A few minutes later she throws clothes at me. "Go out those on, you'll look hella good of you wear them." She says.

Grace has always been a fashion kind of girl, thats what she's majoring in, fashion. She always is wearing cute, stylish clothes that she rocks.

I take the clothes into the bathroom and undress.

She picked out blue jean shorts and a black spaghetti strap crop top. After I put both of those on, I look in the mirror. My eyes widen, wow I didn't know that I could pull of these kind of clothes, even though they're kind of scandalous.

I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom, Grace looks at me. "Damn, you're not as hell. Now get over here so I can do your makeup." She says pulling me over to her makeup vanity.

After about an hour we're both glamoured up. She gave me her white high top converse, she did my makeup which consists of foundation, mascara and eyeliner, and lastly she curled my hair so that there's nice and wavy curls in my hair which reaches down a little bit above my butt.

Grace has on a black mini dress that ends mid thigh (she pulls it off really well). She has black high heels on, which she was going to give me but I said 'hell no' seeing how I can't walk in heels. She also did her makeup which consists of smokey eye eyeshadow, foundation, mascara, and eyeliner.

"In my opinion, I think we're rocking it." She states as she poses in the mirror.

I roll my eyes, she's always been the type to love herself no matter what flaws she has, I wish I was that way.

"Come on, I think we're late." She says, grabbing my hand and yanking me out of the bedroom."

The party is a few blocks down from Grace's house, so thankfully it's not that far.

I'm actually a little nervous for this party because I hate being in crowds, plus I have never been to a college party.

I'm in for a long night.