Justin's 18th Birthday [B]

Chapter 12

"Uh, I'm not usually good at these things, because it's not exactly a concert, so like, I'm just gonna go straight ahead and say it," Justin licked his lips and raked a hand through his hair. "Thank you guys for coming to my birthday party! And because it's illegal, now, to drink alcohol, I'm incredibly sorry to those who love to drink, but there's only coke...and sprite...and pepsi...and many others...oh, and juices! And, I won't risk getting drunk. I don't wanna do stupid things tonight. Thank you!"

He turned to DJ Tay James, and did a hand sign, which to me, means that he should turn the music on, and louder.

See, Justin was suppose to say something longer (and something which made more sense) than that, because it's his birthday, anyway, and all of us insisted he got up on stage to say a few words, but he stubbornly refused. So, we gave in, and lessened the word amount he was supposed to say.

And he sure wasn't joking when he said he wasn't good at those stuff. And honestly, I was exasperated because you do not know how many times he'd actually practiced what he'd wanted to say to everyone.

"Can I see the video yet?" Justin asked in a whiny tone when he arrived by my side.

I shook my head and turned to Goodie, "Ry, should we? Or later?"

He scrunched his nose up and lifted an eyebrow, as though he was thinking it over really hard, "Well...since he's so anxious and keen about seeing it...we shall let him see it!"

Justin fist-pumped, but then Goodie added on again, "Later on."

I busted out laughing at Justin's reaction. He had his eyebrows furrowed, his arms crossed, and he was pouting like there wasn't gonna be a tomorrow. He looked just like "Is this how you treat the birthday boy? Watch out, Ry.. Watch out."

"Don't worry, we're setting up the equipments. In less than an hour you'll get to watch the video. While waiting, why don't you go and greet some of the other guests?" I pushed him forward - which of course was no use considering I was like a weakling or some sort.

"Will you be by my side? Because there is a few people whom I dislike here. And I'm scared they might hit on you." Justin mumbled the last part and locked my gaze with his.

"Well, I'll make sure no one will hit on me. I'll just go and sit next to Pattie or Selena. Selena! Selena. Yeah. Don't worry, I'll be fine. At most, I'll just... I'll kick that dude's balls." I wiggled my eyebrows and grinned.

"Yeah, that's my baby!" I bit his lower lip and winked, "I will be right back, and I think Selena's behind with Ashley. Go find them. I'll stay here and watch until you reach their side." My goodness. He can be so overly-protective at times!

As I walked, I searched for Selena. Why is she sitting so far away? And damn, how I wish Taylor Swift was here. Oh, wait, there's Selena! I walked briskly till I reached her and gave her a hug, as well as Ashley...you know, Tisdale.

"Hi! I suppose we haven't been formely introduced...?" Ashley smiled at me, while I remembered the hilarious moments when all of them were dancing to Call Me Maybe by Carly. That video was the best, no doubt.

"Yeah, my name's Justine. Nice to meet you!" I returned a smile and waited while she responded by saying her name.

"Alright, okay, this formal-ness is making me uneasy!" Selena faked a shiver and grinned. "Justine, Ashley. Ashley, Justine. Formal enough. Come on, let's go get Pepsi!"

"Well, you can get Pepsi. I'm getting Dr. Pepper." Ashley reasoned with Selena. It's funny watching them beaker with the smallest things. I don't even have to speak, I just need to be humored, and so far, that's working pretty well.