9

How could you stop the voice? How could you ignore the dark creature him ding behind every object every time you turned to see behind you.

You didn't know how far you had ran but you were far out in the forest now, too far from the wake, you could only hear your breath panting and twigs snapping from beneath you and the birds and their chirping.

You laid down on the dirty brown leaves, your [H/C] (darker/lighter) than the leaves below it.

Your [E/C] teary eyes creased at the sides as you smiled painfully at the sky, the sun had gone down. It was dark now, late evening probably.

You were in pain. The ones you loved the most were gone now. Mother, Kiana, Samuel... Wouldn't Father be next?

"Can you kill me next? I'd like to be gone now...I'm a goner." You whispered and exhaled a shaky white breath.

No response.

It was quieter now. The birds chirping tuned down and the twigs no longer snapped. The only sound was the rustling of the leaves when you turned your head.

"Kill me or leave me." You sneered.

No response. No sound.

"I don't have anyone else. No one else I care about. You killed both of them."

No response.

"I know you're out there watching me! Come out and kill me already, you freak!" You shouted, your voice echoed against the trees.

You weren't getting a response. It was pointless to think you were going to get one anyway. There's no creature, you're hallucinating, you kept thinking. There are murderers out there not fictional monsters.

"You're wrong," a raspy voice said. "I'm right here."

You sat up in disbelief, surely it was all in your head–

There in front of you, perched on a branch with his black coat drawn around him and his pointy smile plastered, was the Babadook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Know I said an update was soon but now it's two-three months later so I'm sorry. I feel bad for not giving a chapter so here you go! I hope it's great. :)