XIV

After Alyssa exchanged pleasantries with Bong and Mozzy, Kiefer's parents, Mika's mom told everyone to take a seat.

Mika, who was supposed to be sitting beside her dad, was suddenly pulled by Kiefer. The move made Alyssa creased her eyebrow.

"Mikang, dito ka na umupo." Kiefer said as he pulled a chair that was supposed to be Alyssa's previous chair.

Mika glanced at her girlfriend, asking for permission and Alyssa just nodded slightly as they exchanged seats.

Now, Alyssa was sitting on Lito's left side, Mika was sitting between her and Kiefer.

Mika's mom was seated in front of Alyssa, next to Bhaby was Mozzy and lastly, Bong.

Before all the prepared foods were served, Mika started a conversation.

"Kailan ka pa nakauwi ha? Hindi ka man lang nagpasabi na andito ka na. Kainis ka." Mika rolled her eyes at Kiefer.

"Three weeks ago pa. Pinuntahan kita dito pero sabi nila tito nasa New York ka daw with a friend." Kiefer frowned.

Girlfriend! Alyssa corrected him in her thoughts.

Mika creased her eyebrow like she was thinking on where was she three weeks ago until it hit her.

"Ah! Oo, pumunta kami ng New York to meet Alyssa's parents." Mika beamed.

"Oh." was all Kiefer could answer.

Alyssa smirked in her head when she heard a little disappointment in Kiefer's voice.

"Naku, Mika, kung alam mo lang kung gaano ka-excited yan umuwi dito. Parang nangangati ang pwet!" Mozzy blurted out.

"Mom!" Kiefer whined. "Syempre, ang tagal na kaya naming hindi nagkita nitong si Mikang."

"Iniwan mo kasi ako." Mika trailed off.

Alyssa's ears flinched. She's not sure if it was really possible but she feels like it really did.

She bit the inside of her cheek to avoid interrupting the conversation.

"After ng graduation natin sa highschool bigla ka na lang nawala, pumunta ka na pala ng San Francisco nang walang paalam." Mika rolled her eyes.

"Kaya nga bumalik na ako ngayon, di'ba? Namiss kasi kita. I'm here for you now." Kiefer said in a serious tone.

Alyssa clenched her fist under the table and Mika felt a flinched from Alyssa's knees that were faintly touching hers.

She knew Alyssa is territorial, so she placed her hand above Alyssa's and rubbed it until it opened and she intertwined them, it would make Alyssa calm down.

True enough, Alyssa felt relieved by just Mika's touch, her thumb was rubbing the latter's knuckles.

They both bowed their heads like shy teenagers and smiled even without looking at each other.

"Bolero, manang-mana sa'yo, Bong." Lito blurted out.

"Hindi naman ako bolero ah. Di'ba, sweetie?" Bong wiggled his eyebrows at his wife.

Everyone laughed and giggled except for Alyssa, who was busy playing with Mika's fingers under the table.

She would just love to grab Mika out of the room and kiss her hard, or she would love to kiss her in front of everybody right now – in front of Kiefer.