VII

November 22, 2015 | 11PM

It was raining cats and dogs, but that wasn't taken as a hindrance by a certain woman who was frantically knocking on the front door of her girlfriend's house.

"Mika Aereen, please open the damn door!" Alyssa called out. "Babe, please!"

She was drenched with rain outside Mika's house as she was trying to talk to her girlfriend.

Why?

Mika saw her at the bar with a girl. The girl was obviously throwing herself to Alyssa, the latter wasn't flirting back but Mika thought she wasn't also doing anything to avoid the flirty girl.

Mika didn't like it. Not at all.

So she went home without Alyssa knowing. She left the place in haste.

Alyssa immediately noticed that Mika wasn't in the vicinity anymore and so she tried to call her girlfriend but it always gets declined.

That's when she knew something was up. She went to find their friends and asked them where Mika could be until one of them finally said that Mika went home.

She followed her girlfriend as soon as she found out that Mika was angry at her, but the weather wasn't on her side. It started raining the moment she left the bar.

When she got to Mika's place, she went out of her car without any rain protection and got drenched a few minutes after going out.

"Mika, babe, I'm sorry. Please, open the door. Babe, please." Alyssa said in a calmer tone.

"Go home, Alyssa." Mika said firmly from the other side of the door.

Alyssa? Not Babe? I'm screwed. Alyssa thought.

Mika gripped the doorknob like it's gonna go somewhere. She was battling with herself if she's gonna open it or not.

"Babe, please. It wasn't like what you thought." Alyssa pleaded.

Mika was silent for a minute.

"Umuwi ka na, Alyssa. Magkakasakit ka pa niyan sa ginagawa mo. Bukas na tayo mag-usap." Mika said in a calmer tone.

Even if she's mad, she couldn't bear seeing Alyssa in a sick state. She loves Alyssa so much, she wasn't just expecting to see another girl clinging like a gecko at her girlfriend back at the party they both went to.

"No, babe! Hindi ako uuwi hangga't hindi mo binubuksan ang pinto." Alyssa leaned her forehead on the door.

Mika sighed.

She knew Alyssa would do what she just said and not going home means she's gonna stay there even if the rain gets heavier.

"I'm sorry, babe." Alyssa trailed off. "I'm sorry kung nasaktan kita sa nakita mo. I was really trying to push her away, babe. Ayoko lang din maging bastos at mapahiya siya sa harap ng maraming tao."

Mika leaned her ear on the door to hear Alyssa a bit clearer. Trying to listen to everything she says.

"I told her that I already have a girlfriend." Alyssa leaned her back on the door.

"I told her how beautiful and lovely my girlfriend is. I told her that I love my girlfriend so much that I would do absolutely anything for her." Alyssa chuckled as she wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes.

Mika's tears were slowly falling as well. She knew Alyssa loves her, she was just afraid that she might lose her. She was afraid that she wasn't enough for Alyssa.