XI

"Babe, wake up."

Alyssa jolts from the bed as she clutched her chest and catches her breath.

She was sweating all over her body.

She held her head as she felt dizzy. She sighed and took a glance at the clock on the bedside table.

[ 2:03AM ]

"Ugh. I hate when this happens." Alyssa hissed.

She huffed some air as she got up and went outside her room to get some water in the kitchen downstairs.

As she went down, she wasn't still used to seeing the house so silent, creepy and uncomfortable. Not at all home-like.

After taking a drink from a glass of water, she decided to stay for a while at the living room and turned on the TV.

Switching from channel to channel, she can't decide what to watch.

So she took her phone instead, and opened her social media account—Twitter.

@restauworldPH: The known entrepreneur Alyssa Valdez was seen on a party looking like having an argument with a woman. What seems to be the problem?

| see more replies

@talkofMNL: @restauworldPH The woman was allegedly known as Mika Reyes of @TheCoffeeHouse. Are they fighting about something?

| see more replies

@denniselazaro: @talkofMNL @restauworldPH @TheCoffeeHouse No, they're just talking about something serious. Stop spreading rumors. Thank you.

| see more replies

@elladejesus: @talkofMNL @restauworldPH Yes. They're just talking about food and how yummy they are – I meant the food.

| see more replies

@denniselazaro: @elladejesus oh my God, Ella. *facepalm*

Alyssa chuckled and shakes her head in amusement after reading her protective and funny friends' response at the tweet.

Dennise has always been like this, the vocal one, ever protective of her friends and family.

While Ella is the happy soul; the one who makes everyone laugh and happy.

Alyssa felt so lucky having them around for as long as she can remember. She couldn't ask for more.

She closed the app and throws her phone next to her as she rests her head on the couch and sighed loudly.

"What am I gonna do with you, Mika?" Alyssa whispered.

She closed her eyes and took a long breath again as she massages her temple when she suddenly opened her eyes.

"The picture!" Alyssa suddenly blurted out as she sat up straight.

She hastily picked up her phone and opened her app again and scrolled down to where she saw the candid photo of her and Mika.