Special Match

I sat at my desk thinking about the popular British and Irish boyband, One Direction. I was writing Niall Horan's name in a beautifully drawn heart when I noticed the 8th grade class looking around my general direction. Wait. No, they were looking at me.

"Wait, what?" I squeaked, turning as red as the little mermaids hair that I've always wanted; bored of my straight, black hair. The class started laughing. Great going, Julia, on the first day of school since Ireland, too. "I sai-" The teacher started saying, before the bell rang.

"Nice one, Julia." I heard Nathan's Wolverhampton accent speaking next to me, his dark brown hair looking as cute as it always been in front of his green-blue eyes. "Yeah, I know right." I whispered, standing up and gathering my math notes. I flicked Nathan on the forehead and ran to fourth period History.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"ATTENTION EVERYONE! A COUPLE IS HERE WANTING TO ADOPT! COME DOWN HERE!" Sister Mary's American voice ringing through the halls. "Guys, just stay here." My Mullingar accent whispered. Someone came walking through our door frame and we were so silent I swear we could here this person breathing.

"Julia?! It's Ly!" I heard the girl say, in her Mexican accent. I ran out of my hiding place so fast I probably gave everyone in the room a heart attack."When the heck did you get back from the hospital, babe?!" I practically screamed, wrapping my arms around her neck, a little too tight. "Julia *gasp* can't bre*gasp*ath!" She moaned, her blonde locks swishing back and forth, trying to get me to loosen my hug. "Sorry sorry sorry!" I apologized, stepping back a half foot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"And that's why we don't go downstairs anymore during adoptions." Nathan said, sitting down next to me as a tear sprang to Ly's eye. "I would adopt you all if I could.." She sobbed. Arisa sat next to her, giving her a tissue. "We're just waiting for that one special match."