Fear (1)

Hey guys so this is my first story that I've ever entered into the watty awards, I hope that you guys enjoy it xD <3 At the side is a picture of Veneena

READ

VOTE

COMMENT!

To live in fear is a nightmare, every move afraid it is your last. I shall live in fear forever because my father has made it so. If only fear were as easy to escape as a nightmare where you simply wake up, but no matter how hard I try I cannot. If only you could change the past, if only I could change my father's for then we would all not live like this. But fear is his enegry source it seems, the more people live in terror and fear the stronger he gets....I am worried. I am scared....

I am Veneena (V-knee-na) Riddle, daughter of the Dark Lord. He is feared by everyone and I fear him the most, only because he can kill those he loves in seconds. When I was born he murdered my mother because she was a muggle, and muggles are discusting creatures he says. Now I shall never know who my mother is.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My soft skin, golden locks, deep brown eyes, who am I? I don't want to be known as the Dark Lord's child, but that is how everyone sees me.

I get up and grab my dress Bellatrix bought me, or in her case most likely stole. It was a deep emerald green colour with black lace and designs. I pulled it up from my ankles and put my arms through the three-quarter sleeves. I moved my hands to the back to tie and do up the buttons but cold shaking hands reached it first.

"Beautiful," he spoke quietly in my ear. I turned around to see him shivering and little flakes of ice glued to his hair. I reached for his hands, they were red and at some spots a little bit purple.

"Draco," I breathed.

"Its nothing," he said back, pulling his hands away.

I pulled them back. "Let me help you." I said as I lifted my dress and walked him into my washroom. "How?" I asked while I began running the hot water.

"He was angry with me, well at my father." He spoke in fear.

I sighed. "I'll talk to him." I said as I took his hands.

"No," he pulled me towards him so I was inches away from his face. "He must not know of us remember?" I looked into Draco's eyes and nodded.

My father would be furious, he hated love and forbaid me from it. But you can't forbid someone of love, love just happens. And if father found out I don't know what he would do to me or in fact what he would do to Draco.

"He has to stop this nonsense, he can't just keep torturing you for your father's misdeeds." I said as I placed Draco's frozen hands into the sink of hot water. I knew it would hurt but he needed to get them warm and fast.

"Ooww, I know. But no one can stop him remember what happened to Lister." I crinnged slightly, father killed Lister our servant for speaking out of turn.

I kissed Draco quickly, "I must get going father requested to see me." I got up and shut the door enough so that no one would see Draco.

* * * *

"Veneena go to town and keep an eye out for, Harry Potter." He spat out the boy's name.

"Yes father." I said, my eye on Nagini. That snake always creeped me out.

"Look at me child!" My eyes shot up to my father, his eyes huge with fury. "Do you not know how important it is to know where he is!? Without the help of your keen eyes I would be lost, so it is imperative you take this seriously! It is no game, it is life or death!" He stood up from his chair.

"I could go, m-my lord." Said Bellatrix.

He turned to face her, "You know why you cannot. They know who you are and if theu spot you they will run for sure. But Veneena is unknown to them, nothing but a common child amongst them. You see?" Bellatrix and I nodded symotaniously.

"Father do you wish anything more? Or shall I be heading out? I asked.

"Go, I am done with you. Bring your cloak and wand." He said as I was leaving the premisis of the room and heading up to my own.

When I came to the large black doors of my room I whispered "Draco?" While entering, no one answered. So I grabbed my cloak from my wardrobe as well as my wand. I came to my desk and scribbled a little note on parchment to Draco.

I took it and walked down the hall to his room, "Draco," I whispered, opening the door a crack.

"Veneena?" He asked silently.

"Yes," I placed my hand on the door wishing I could be with him at the moment. "I must leave, but here." I said as I slid the note under his door. "Bye." I whispered while walking down the dark halls of the castle and starting my journey to spy on Harry Potter yet again.

Dear Draco,

Father has sent me to spy on him again. I will miss you dearly, be safe, and avoid father as much as you can.

Love V.

Ps. 9pm stables.