Chapter 6: Collin's P.O.V.

Get some rest.

    The words echo loosely in my head as if they're in a canyon. Everything looks red, and heat spikes my eyes. I lean against the closest thing there is, and press two fingers against my temple. This is great, just great.

    "Oi, Collie!" I turn around to the sound of my name. It's Andrew. I turn away from him and lean away from the wall.

    "Hey, what's up with you?" Andrew asks as he gets closer, and closer until he's right beside me.

    "Nothing," I shake his arm away from my shoulder. I start moving forward, but stop because the ground feels like it's breaking underneath me.

    "Hey, man, you don't look too good." Andrew pivots around me and peers at my face. "Nope, not good at all." Get some rest.

    "Oh, god, my head-" I grumble, placing both hands on either side of my head.

    "...Come on, I'll take you home," he says, nudging my shoulder.

    "Are you crazy?" I hiss at him, and then regret it instantly.

    "I guess I kind of am," he shrugs, "but- no offence- you look a little bit wilder at the moment."

    I start to walk forward, telling myself that the ground would not give away. "Tell coach I won't make it to practice after school," I tell Andrew. "I'm, going home."

    "Alone? In the state you're in?" Andrew throws up his hands.

    "He's right, you know," another voice pipes in. I know this one. I know it as if I had been hearing it since the day I was born.

    "Ms. Sky," Andrew nods at her. The two of them hold each others gaze. They don't like each other. You can tell the way she frowns at him, and he shrugs, pretending he doesn't notice the look of disapproval.

    "Collin, come to the office," Ms. Sky orders, coming up besides me. There's no room in her voice for argument, so I reluctantly follow.

    "Go back and eat your lunch," Ms. Sky calls back at Andrew.

    "I already did!" Ms. Sky ignores him and turns to me.

    "Need any help?" She asks, looking concerned. I shake my head no, then bite my lip. My head was throbbing so hard, I couldn't even hear myself think. We reach the front of the office doors and Ms. Sky walks in.

    "Hey, um, on of my students isn't feeling well, I think he should go home, so let him call his parents." She tells the lady behind the front desk, who- maybe I'm just seeing things- glares at her.

    "No one is home," I speak up before the secretary lady can say anything.

    "Then call your parents cell, they'll come pick you up," Ms. Sky says. I stare at her, and hold her gaze, praying that she'll take the hint and let it slide. She narrows her eyes a little, and then sighs.

    "I'll drop you home then. Come on." I stare after her as she leaves the office, then look back down at the Secretary, who seems to be focused on the documents in front of her.

    Call me crazy, but I swear she was smirking.

***********************************************************************************************************************

    "You don't have to," I whine as she slips into her car. People out on campus are starring at us, and god knows what they might be thinking. I open the door to my side, and step in to get away from the curious on lookers.