21

Chapter Twenty One - The Road To Recover:

Jax's POV:

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

Open.

Keeping my eyes open burns, there's so much light flooding in the room but everything is blurry. How many times have I passed out now? What day is it? Where am I?

"Jax you're awake oh thank God!" I shifted my head to the right to see Schmidt coming towards me with teary eyes. I smiled knowing that he was safe and there was no way Timothy, or Mendola, whatever his name actually is, can hurt him or anyone I love anymore.

The moment his arms wrap around my body I go into shock.

"Don't touch me, don't touch me please! I didn't tell anyone, I promise!" I cry as I try to shake his weight off me but failing to do so because of how drained my body is. I scream even though my throat feels beyond raw.

Within seconds there's yelling and the sound of doors being thrown open follow but I keep my eyes shut tight, scared that if I open them he'll be standing in front of me and everything would have been a dream.

I can feel tears starting to roll down my cheek in fat drops, the thought of him using my body once again, shakes me to the core and sends my body numb.

"-asn't thinking, I was just so happy to see that he woke up, I'm sorry!" I hear a voice cry as I continue to take deep breaths and calm my body before it goes into shock.

"Jax, open your eyes, your safe now I promise," the voice is so reassuring, it makes me feel safe, slowly I open my eyes to see Valentino standing next to me by the bed. My heart starts to beat in overtime again at the sight of him, I missed his face.

No Jax, he said he was going to ruin you. He doesn't care for you, nor want you.

"Thank you for, erm you know saving me. You didn't have to, sorry for taking up your time too, I'll just call an Uber and be out of your way. You won't ever have to see me again, I've caused you so much trouble and I really am sorry for all of it, none of what Ti-Mendola said was true by the way," I mumbled not taking my eyes of my hands that kept fidgeting in my lap under his gaze.

I try sliding myself out of bed and wince at the pain that rips through my head. I see Valentino's hand reaching out towards me and I can't help but flinch away from his touch. I see pain flash in his eyes for a quick second before his eyes harden.

"You are to stay here until your health is fully restored and the rest of Mendola's men are killed. Don't argue with me about it. Your sister and I came to an agreement. If you need anything, my men and help will be ready to be of service. If you have any visitors other than Jess you want to invite, you need to tell me beforehand, a thorough background check will be needed." I opened my mouth and closed it not knowing what to say.

I was ready to argue with Valentino about staying but his face said that his decision was final.

"Er, thank you. For everything. Is Jess okay?" I needed her more than ever but I didn't want her to worry about it me last time, it broke her and she's in such a good place I don't want to ruin that for her.

"She's fine, I moved her to a safe house with her partner. She's worried about you but I've reassured her you'll be fine under my protection." I nodded slowly.

"Schmidt has also moved in to the clubhouse for protection. You are both must tell me where you're going before you go anywhere and you will take my guards with you," why was he doing all of this?