32 Well This Isn't Good

I wake up in the bed I've been sleeping in the past few days, not knowing how I ended up here. Someone had to carry me.

It's Tuesday!

I sit up. Meaning that if my letter was picked up, it could be delivered today. I could go home today.

I sniff. Something smells really gross. I grab a handful of my hair and burry my nose in it. Oh yeah. It's my hair. It smells like the basement. I pull back the covers. The dress is also giving off the offending odor.

I spend a long time in the shower trying to get the smell out and afterwards dress in more of Eliza's clothes.

I spend the morning avoiding Xavier as best I can and late into afternoon the first eventful thing of the day happens. Sadly it isn't the marines. Rory tells Xavier (yeah, I kind of got stuck in the dining room with them for a late lunch which should be considered an early dinner) that Jasper is ready to talk but it has to be upstairs.

Setting his sandwich down, Xavier rolls his shoulders back. "Bring him up."

Eliza watches me as she finishes up her lunch. I avoid her stare by watching the clock. Four minutes pass before Rory returns with Jasper, two other males helping hold/guard him. Jasper looks like he's having a hard time standing.

"You wanted to speak with me?" Xavier asks him.

"Yes, but I need an assurance first."

"What's that?"

Sirens blare from outside and Eliza runs to the window. Could it be? I join her side, my heart racing. Police cars race down the driveway. My letter. I don't see any tanks. Can police take these werewolves in a fight?

"Xavier?" Eliza calls.

"Don't worry. These police should be a part of my pack. Just follow my lead."

My heart drops. My parents—if they're out there—are going to walk into a death trap.

"Rory, Will, Cam, take your hands off the luprau. It will look suspicious."

When they do, Jasper looks like he's going to crumble. I run to hold him up.

Car doors slam, and the police tell us to open the door which Xavier does.

"What's the problem?" Xavier asks.

"Those girls," the officer in front points to Eliza and me—"have been missing."

Police swarm the room and escorted by five more are my parents and Eliza's. Momentarily forgetting the naked Jasper, I run to my parents and wrap them in a hug. Eliza's parents hug her as well.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Xavier holds out a hand to her parents. They stare at it, not taking it. "Eliza and Addison have told me so much about you all. My family's been nursing them back to help since I found them half dead in a ditch."

"And you didn't call the police?" my dad snaps. If the police are in Xavier's pack, that means they're werewolves, and I'll be stuck here.

"It was me," Eliza speaks up. "I told him not to. I'm sorry, but I knew if you had seen us when Xavier here found us that it would have been horrifying for you."

I want to say that I've only been missing for a few days, that that isn't enough time for me to heal. But we're not getting help from the police and have to play our cards right.

"Alpha," someone yells. The police part to let a breathless woman through. She collapses. "Lupraus."

"Get the humans upstairs." Xavier grabs Eliza.