Chapter 5: Gone

This chapter is set 2 weeks after the dance and basically everyone on Berk knows that Hiccup and Astrid are together.

Just in case you haven't realized Heather is really evil and has plans to break up Hiccstrid. I thought it would make it a bit interesting if there was a complication in Hiccup and Astrid's relationship and so I thought hey why not Heather? For those of you who don't watch Dragons of Berk Heather came to Berk and was supposed to find out how to train dragons for Alvin who was holding her parents hostage. In the previous chapter when Heather said that Hiccup chose her once well watch episode 10 of season one or episode 11.

Hope you enjoy this chapter

♥ToothlessLover777 ♥

Heather's P.O.V

"Ok so I go tell Hiccup that Astrid asked me to tell him to meet her at the cove just beyond Raven's Piont when the sun is at it's highest." Said Snotlout

"Yes, and I will tell Astrid to meet Hiccup there a little bit after. Then I will go to the clearing and see Hiccup and sit down with him, Astrid will come and see me with Hiccup and break up with him." I said playing it all out in my head, imagining Atrid's face.

Snotlout sighed "are sure we should do this?" 

"Snotlout you really like Astrid right?" I said 

"Yeah, but is this the right way to get her?" he said looking at the ground shuffling his feet. 

"Do you have any better ideas?" I said putting my hands on my hips, he didn't reply "that's what I thought."

HIccup's P.O.V

Hmmm thats odd, where's Astrid? Snotlout said she told him to tell me to meet her here, could he have been lying?. I looked out around the cove, why did she have to choose this place to have our date, it brought back so many good memories but they hurt because my bestfriend was the center of most of them, and ofcourse he wasn't here. I sat down picking a piece of grass and twirled it through my fingers waiting for Astrid. 

"Thinking about Toothless?" said a voice, I turned and saw Heather climbing down into the cove. 

"Heather, what are you going here?" I said doing my best to sound cheerful, if she could have guessed what I was thinking about, I must have looked really down. I stood up as she came down. 

"Awww Hiccup you look like you need a hug" She said pouting her lips. 

"Ummmm Heather I have a girlfriend" I said backing away as she came closer. 

"yeah and I think you deserve a better one" She said walking forward, grabbing my shirt and kissing me. 

I tried to pull away, just as I heard a thus and a gasp. I ended the kiss and looked up on the rocks were there was a retreating figure one with blond hair that was in a braid, on the biggest rock from which you used to get to the bottom of the cove, there was a thin package rapped in brown paper. I turned on Heather who had a triumphent smile on her face. 

"You planned this" I shouted at her. 

"Yeah so what?" she said. That just annoyed me more, I shoved her away and she fell down with a cry. 

"Astrid!" I shouted "Astrid wait!"

Astrid's P.O.V

I just ran and ran. I couldn't even hear Hiccup calling me. All I heard was the wind howling in my ears. 

I have to find Stormfly. I have to find Stormfly. I said to myself.

Most people were at lunch so no one noticed as I ran towards the docks. I skidded to a halt, by boat was to slow they would catch up to me, I needed something faster. Like a dragon. 

About 9 p.m in Berk

Hiccup's P.O.V

I ran up to the house hoping that dad was inside. 

"Dad" I gasped clutching my heaving chest. 

"Son are you all right" said my father as he rose from his chair coming quickly to my side

"Astrid's missing" I said still struggling to breathe. I had run to all the most likely places that Astrid would be she wasn't in any of them then I got the gang to help look. "We searched the whole island, she isn't on Berk." 

"I'll call a council meeting imediatly" He said 

"good, I will go get the rest of the academy" I said running from the house again. 

Heather's P.O.V

"Well boy" I said as I walked up to were I kept Spike, "lunch time" 

There was no movement even as I neared the shelter, normally he would hear me coming and run to great me.

"Spike?"

It was empty and his saddle was gone. Someone had stolen my dragon.

Hiccup's P.O.V

"Everyone quite" roared my father Stoickthe Vast, but to his annoyance everyone was still talking. 

I was so angry right now that I could have silenced a group of wild dragons. 

"SHUT IT!!!!" I screamed, complete and utter silence followed my outburst. 

"Thankyou Hiccup" said my father clearing his throat. "As you have probably heard Astrid Hofferson is missing, last she was seen was about miday, did anyone..."

The door to the great hall opened and Heather stormed, she pionted a finger menacingly at me. 

"YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS STOLEN MY DRAGON!!!" she roared at me. This was the last straw I was so worried about Astrid that I completly lost it. 

I walked up to Heather, 

"ASTRID RAN AWAY BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID STUNT THAT YOU PULLED TODAY!!!!" 

"Hiccup I only did it because I like you" Heather said lowering her voice there was still and icy look in her eyes. 

"Oh please! Don't pull that innocent act " I said starting to get angry again "ASTRID IS GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!" I screamed at her she shrunk back from me looking slightly afraid. 

I walked back to the table and sat down next to my father. I pressed the heels of my palms into my eyes and drew a shuddering breath.

"Please continue Dad" I said shakily.

"Yes umm well did anyone see her after that?" Said Dad looking around at everyone, no one spoke up so he continued. 

"Search parties leave at dawn ready the ships!" shouted me Dad. "The rest of you get some sleep" 

Astrid's P.O.V 

"Easy boy let's land down there" I said to Spike, he soared down to the nesting grounds, most of the dragons were tending to there young, some were just sleeping. 

I walked along with Spike at my side, looking at the hatchlings and there parents. 

"Stormfly? Stormflyyyyy?" I called 

I heard a confused grrrghhh? from somwhere a but up the hill to my right. I jumped on Spike and he flew up to where I saw an amazing sight. There was Hookfang, Meatlug, Barf, Belch, Stormfly and to my astonishment two Night Furys. 

Hiccup's P.O.V 

I lay in bed that night, but I couldn't get to sleep. Astrid was out there somewhere alone. 

Tomorrow morning wasn't soon enough I was going to leave now.