Love in the Time of Dragon Riders (HTTYD FanFic)

Hiccup's P.O.V

Thump, Thump, Thump 

I groaned and pulled my blanket over my head. The thumping continued and I peeked out from under my cover to look at the window. A black dragon was looking at me with big green eyes while his tail was thumping on the roof.

GRRRRRRRRR

"Ok Ok, I'm coming bud" I said to the night fury.

My leg creeked as I walked towards my bedroom door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I stepped towards the stairs. My metal leg caught on a large indent in the floor and I fell face forward down the wooden stairs. I slammed into a big scaly body, that steadied me with his tail.

"Thanks Toothless" I said as he shoved me with his head lovingly.

I walked out with him and managed not to slip in the icy ground, I grabbed his saddle from the small shed out the back of my house. After attaching the saddle I climbed on and we took off. 

The wind was cold against my face, I had to admit I loved these morning flights, it was so refreashing. Toothless new this and was always smug after we had our flight. I noticed another dragon up ahead.

"Looks like we're not the only ones who like to fly at this time of the morning" I said to Toothless, he growld in agreement.

The dragon up ahead was doing tricks, while her rider was standing on her back. As we drew closer i recognised the dragon, it was Stormfly. I watched as the rider settled back into her seat patting Stormfly's head. She still hadn't noticed us yet.

"Hey Astrid!" I yelled surprising both rider and dragon. 

Stormfly spun around her spiky tail raised menacingly, 

"Hey, it's only me" I said as Stormfly relaxed at the sight of me and Toothless.

"Hiccup!" Screamed Astrid. "Never sneak up on me like that"

"Sorry, Sorry" I said raising my hands in surrender while Toothless hovered in the air, "I just saw you flying and thought I would say hi"

"Oh ok" she said relaxing on Stormfly a bit "next time...." She was interupted by a scream and a loud dragon roar.

I could tell by the look on her face that she recognised it to.

"Snotlout" we said in unison and sped off towards the roars of his dragon Hookfang.

Astrid's P.O.V 

This day was just getting better and better, first me and my dragon almost attacked Hiccup and Toothless, I would never forgive myself if something happened to Hiccup...or Toothless. Now Snotlout has got himself into some kind of mess. Odin help me.

"Astrid!" Hiccup shouted to me "look!" 

I looked down to see a amusing sight. There was Snotlout running away from his Monstrous Nightmare, Hookfang who was spitting fire at him. Hookfang caught up on Snotlout and grabbed him with his mouth before throwing him into the air and catching him on his back. Then he leaped into the sky, dived and did a somersault. As a finnishing touch Hookfange set himself on fire (a tendancy of Monstrous Nightmares) Snotlout yelled in outrage and jumped off his dragon to the ground and ran to a pond, sinking into it's watery depths. Hookfang began sneaking up on Snotlout again.

I grinned at Hiccup who grinned back at me,

"We should probably help him" he said 

"yeah" I replied though I was sure that Hiccup new I would be quite happy to fly away and leave Snotlout to deal with his maniac of a dragon.

"I'm not getting Snotlout" I said as Stormfly dived I heard Hiccup calling my name in complaint. I laughed and watched as Toothless dived down to the pond and scooped Snotlout out of the water. Hookfang tried to follow but I shouted 

"Stromfly Fire!" the blast of fire that left my dragons mouth was so hot that even a monstrous nightmare wouldn't be able to withstand it's heat. Hookfang quickly dodged the flame and was about to make another attempt to get to his rider, but Stormfly roared and he stopped looked back sulkily. 

"Good girl Stormfly" I praised my dragon as we flew after Toothless, Hookfang close behind us.

Snotlout's P.O.V 

Why is my dragon such a maniac I thought to myself, even Barf and Belch behaved better than Hookfang.  

So here I was hanging from the bottom of Hiccup's dragon Toothless. Everything was about Hiccup and Toothless at the accademy and out of it, just because Toothless is the only Night Fury on Berk, doesn't mean that Hiccup was the best rider. And Astrid likes him! Sometimes life is just to unfair.

Hiccup's P.O.V

When we reached the plaza Toothless dropped Snotlout a bit higher than I meant to and he reached the ground with a thud and a groan. 

"Sorry" I called down. 

Stormfly and Hookfang landed next to toothless as I slipped off to the ground. Hookfang went over to Snotlout and nosed him. 

"what.. so now your sorry" said Snotlout as Hookfang picked him up and flew steadily off to the dragon accademy were we had our morning session.

Astrid and I laughed at the flying pair "well that was interesting" she said getting off Stormfly.

"Wait for me before you go to the accademy won't you" I said to Astrid 

"yeah sure" she said "what do you need to do?" 

"Got to tighten this up" I said shaking my leg which made a rattling sound. 

I went over to Gobbers and tichtened the bolt on my leg before running back over to Astrid.

"Hey Astrid" I said 

"M-hmm" she said to show she was listening 

"why were you doing trick riding this morning" I said

"Hiccup, Thawfest is in a few months, and I plan on winning" she said proudly. 

With Snogletog so soon I had forgotten all about having to train for Thawfest.

"I forgot all about it because of Snoggletog" I said 

"Hiccup, just because your planning the Snoggletog dance doesn't mean that you can't focus on other things" she said smiling "i'm sure it is going to be great!"

"Thanks. Astrid about the dance I...um was wondering if you'd like to ummm..." come on Hiccup ask her you know you want to. 

"want to what?" asked Astrid 

"ummm help decorate" I said 

"oh um sure yeah" she said, wait did she look... disapionted 

"well we better go to the arena" I said jumping on to Toothless "come on bud" I said as we leapt into the air and flew off. Hiccup why did you have to lose your nerve, now Snotlout or someone will ask her. Arghhhh some times I am so stupid!

Hey everyone ToothlessLover777 here hope you like my first HTTYD fan fiction! Please comment below if you want me to keep writing!

Love 

ToothlessLover777