Chapter 1: Stranger

Katy's P.O.V

I looked around once more before I made my way into the car. The rain was pouring down as if it knew exactly how I felt. Washington weather always had a way of representing my mood, mostly because it was always rainy.

I didn't really want to leave, but I had no choice. Getting sent off to my Uncles house wasn't something I planned on doing. My parents thought it'd be good for me and my cousin as well considering her mom, (my aunt Victoria) passed away and she needs more family to be around.

I usually got what I wanted, but I knew my parents weren't going to change their mind, probably because I got expelled from the only school in town.

But, I guess you could say I was excited to see Allison, she was always my favorite cousin even though we never kept contact. Last time I saw her was about two years ago right before she moved to Beacon Hills. I wasn't happy she was leaving, but I had no say in the situation since they had to move because of uncle Chris's job or something along those lines. Maybe it was better for me to leave Washington, it does kind of suck not being able to see them anymore, but it also does suck leaving all my friends also.

"Elizabeth, We're at the airport. Lets grab your bags and go before you miss your flight." My dad said as he parked near the entrance of the airport. I cringed when I realized he called me Elizabeth. I never liked that name so I always went by my middle name Katy. Only my parents called me Elizabeth no matter how many times I told them I didn't want to be called that.

I grabbed most of my bags and my dad carried the rest as he followed behind me.

"Dad. Just give me all the bags. I can carry them all and I have to board the plane anyways." I said as I rolled my eyes. He really didn't even have to walk in the airport with me but he did anyways.

"Okay dear. Call me when you get there. Mom and I love you and we'll miss you." He said as he hugged me with one arm.

Yeah, if they were going to miss me so much then why would they even make me go? Plus, why couldn't my mom take even one day off work to come say bye to me? Whatever.

I shrugged it off and quickly boarded the plane so I wasn't late. I took my seat and put my headphones in, trying to drown out the sound of everyone's voices on the plane. I leaned back against my chair and closed my eyes, falling into a slumber.

*---*

"Excuse me ma'am?" A flight attendant said as she lightly shook my shoulder, "We landed about five minutes ago." She said as she smiled warmly.

"Thanks." I murmured as I quickly got up and grabbed my bags.

I pulled them all off the plane and into the airport while I checked my phone.

"Hey Katy! We'll meet you at luggage pick up.

x Allison"

I smiled as I read her text and went through the airport procedure with a spiraling new perspective. Since no one knew me here, I could use that as an advantage. I didn't know exactly how, but I knew I could. If you moved somewhere new, wouldn't you want to try it too? Just fix all of the bad habits you had? Be more confident? Do things that the people that actually knew you never thought you'd do. Create a new image of yourself. Maybe not as extreme as the girl on Zoey 101 did when she first went to Pacific Coast Academy but something like that.

I pondered this whole thing as I walked to luggage pick up and instantly got pulled into a hug.

"Allison, its been forever." I said as I hugged her back, "And Mr.Uncle Argent what's up?!" I said not really knowing what to call him as I hugged him after I hugged Allison.