Chapter 13

*Dusty's POV*

We pulled up at Starbucks, a wide smile on my face. Dad was wrong. Gerard loved me. I was happy. We got out of the car and walked inside. A familiar girl and boy waved hysterically at us. I pulled Gerard over to them and sat down next to Ember, letting Gerard sit by Frank. I smiled at them. "Where's Holly?" Frank answered: "Home. She didn't feel well. I told her we would bring her something." I laughed. I knew that Holly felt fine and wanted them together as much as the rest of us. Gerard and I ordered and sat back down. I poked Ember. "Guess what?" Frank and Ember answered at the same time. "What?" "This." I said confidently and pulled Gerard by the collar over the table and pressed my lips against his. He immediately kissed back, turning a light shade of pink. Ember shrieked: "My eyes!!!" I pulled away and laughed, leaving Gerard with a silly grin on his face. "You're just jealous that you can't do that with Frank!" She turned a furious shade of pink. "No!" Frank turned red as well, not saying a thing. Gerard laughed. I poked Ember's now red cheeks. "Yes! You guys so like each other! Just kiss and get it over with!" Ember shook her head furiously. Frank, who had been uncharacteristically silent, leaned over the table and pressed his lips against Ember's, silencing whatever sarcastic remark she was about to make. She seemed surprised, but kissed him back, their lips moving perfectly in sync. Gerard covered my eyes. "God, I see what they mean." He said with a light laugh. I laughed as well and kissed him.

*Kellin's POV*

I plopped down on the couch and turned on the T.V.. Holly came in, skipping happily, and sat down next to me. I smiled at her. "Hey Holly. Where's Ember and Frank?" She grinned. "At Starbucks. With Dusty and Gerard. Dusty texted me, and my plan worked! They're making out in a booth as we speak!" She said proudly. I looked at her. "Gerard and Dusty? What were they doing there?" Holly giggled. "They are so together, Kellin. It's obvious." I felt my heart sink. Of course they were. Holly must have seen my gaze drop. She immediately sobered and put her hand on my cheek. "What's wrong, Kellin?" I sighed. "I-I...I've liked Dusty for a while. And now, she's kissing a guy she just met! That should be me with her, Holly! But it's not." Holly was silent. Then, out of nowhere, she slapped me. It hurt. Bad. I immediately cupped my cheeks and looked at her to find silent tears running down her face. She whispered, her voice full of pain: "God, you're so stupid." With that, she turned and ran into her room, locking the door. I stared at her door. What was that about?

*Holly's POV*

Everyone thought I liked Frank. But I didn't. I've liked Kellin ever since I'd met him, in third grade! And he liked Dusty! But she didn't like him! She liked Gerard! God, he was blind! I sobbed into my pillow, letting years of regret and secretivity flow out. How could he have been so clueless?! I heard the others return, but didn't move.

*Dusty's POV*

As soon as I walked in, the first thing I noticed was Kellin, his cheek bright red and he had tears running down his face. I rushed over to him. "Kellin, what happened?!" Kellin looked at me. "I don't know. But Holly's super mad at me. She slapped me. I don't know what I did. She told me I was clueless." I sighed and walked down the hallway to Holly's room and knocked on the door. "Holly, can we talk? It's Dusty." I heard a small shuffling sound and then the sound of the door unlocking. I opened it to find Holly's room a mess, as usual. Holly was clutching her pillow and it was obvious that she had been crying. I sat down next to her, pulling her in for a hug. "What's wrong, Hollister?" I asked quietly, using her full name so she knew I was serious. She sniffed and choked out: "I-I like Kellin, you know that..." I nodded. She had for a while. She continued: "A-and, I-I hoped he might feel the s-same, but...he likes someone else. And that someone is you." An awkward silence sat it's awkward ass right between us. Me? I hugged her. "God, I'm so sorry, Hollister. I feel horrible. Hopefully he'll realize that you're wonderful. I'd ship it." She managed a small smile. "You mean it?" I nodded, a small smiling on my face. "I really do." She wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back and we sat like that for a while. Finally I asked: "Do you want to eat dinner? The boys are staying for Chinese." Holly rolled her eyes. "When aren't they staying for dinner?" I laughed. "True." But she nodded and walked into the living room with me. Immediately, Gerard rushed up and laced his fingers through mine. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. I nodded and leaned my head against his chest.

/Sorry for not updating for a while!!! I have had almost no muse, and BOOM. Muse bomb. Shiz went down. XXX~ Rosco\