Chapter 2

*Dusty's POV*

I walked across the street, eager to meet our neighbors. I approached the front door and knocked. A younger boy, about sixteen-ish, opened the door. He had dark brown hair and interesting hazel eyes. He was still taller than me. Damn it.

He asked shyly: "W-who are you?" I smiled, showing I was friendly. "My name's Dusty. I live across the street with my best friends, Kellin, Winston, Holly and Aniston. We got some of your mail. Are you guys new to the neighborhood?" The boy shook his head, still looking shy. "No, we've lived here for about three years. I'm Mikey."

He extended his hand and I shook it. I heard a voice from the other room yell loudly: "Yo, Moikey! Who's at the door??" A short boy, about my age, skipped into view. He seemed to have a lot of energy. He shook my hand enthusiastically. "I'm Frank. Frank Iero." He laughed. I laughed with him. "I'm Dusty. Dusty Carterson. Do you live here as well?" He nodded ecstatically.

Frank stepped out of the doorway and motioned for me to come in. I handed Mikey the mail on the way in. Three other guys were sitting on the couch, including the handsome guy I saw earlier. Frank happily and silently snuck up behind him and yelled in his ear: "Hey Gerard, girl alert!!!!"

The handsome guy, I guess his name was Gerard, jumped. "God, Frank! One day, I'm gonna go deaf and it's going to be your fault!" I cleared my throat quietly. All their gazes switched to me. I felt my face get hot. I hate to be stared at. "Hi, I'm Dusty. I'm your neighbor. I got some of you guys' mail and took the opportunity to meet you guys."

The boy with the afro shook my hand. "I'm Ray Toro. That's Bob Bryar over there, and Gerard Way. I assume you already met Mikey and Frank." I smiled and nodded, happy that they were friendly. Bob raised his hand and waved. Gerard smiled shyly at me and shook my hand. I turned to Frank: "Do you guys want to meet my roommates?" Frank happily nodded, hopping slightly. I smiled and had all of them follow me across the street, running to keep up with Frank. These guys seemed like cool people. I hoped my friends liked them. I think it was probably Kellin I would have the hardest time convincing. He was a bit stubborn, especially when it came to who I could be near and who I couldn't.

He was like an older brother. Annoying at times, but endearing and amazing in every way. We've been teased ever since we were kids about how we were going to get married some day. I had always rolled my eyes, because I knew it wasn't true. I didn't like Kellin that way, and I'm pretty sure he didn't like me that way either.

/Sorry for not updating sooner. I'm going to try and update everyday. Both of my stories. But how do you guys like this story so far? Pretty good? I think it's going pretty well c: XXX~ Mikey\